im a little worried...

I think the spring signing will continue to grow in importance because there is very little job security for coaches and today's players are very impulsive, plus too many kids jump to the NBA too early and leave some big voids.

Look at Texas and Kansas this spring, they are both scrambling to fill their scholarships, Lets say Hubbard is better than advertised and decides to go pro after 1 yr, again that would leave us scrambling in the spring to fill a scholarship.

Another factor is immediate playing time, look at Cully, no way was he going to settle for backup point guard, he preferred the Horizen League over coming off the bench.

Actually spring recruiting gives the fans something to follow during the off season.

Sure, there are instances where a team has to scramble to fill scholarships. But they don't do it on a consistent basis, and certainly not for mid-tier recruits. The Kansas/Duke/UNC/etc. type schools sign guys in spring, but they're guys that are NBA ready out of high school, who tend to wait longer to sign. I'd wager we're quite a ways away from contending for recruits like that.

Ha. I wasn't taking a shot at you. I was taking one at myself for not expanding on my original post. That's why I went into more depth on the second one.

We good Auggie...we good. :)
Cool............message boards.......sometimes context gets muddled.

Latest posts