I'm a Hawkeye Fan But ....

jameskalina

... starting Thursday until the Panthers lose I'm a UNI fan; wearing the purple and rooting for Northern Iowa. My hope is UNI upsets UNLV and yes even Kansas on Saturday.

Wouldn't that be quite a sight to see UNI in the Sweet Sixteen after knocking off Kansas. Stranger things have happened in this tournament.

Let's get behind Northen Iowa and root the Panthers on. Go Panthers!

... starting Thursday until the Panthers lose I'm a UNI fan; wearing the purple and rooting for Northern Iowa. My hope is UNI upsets UNLV and yes even Kansas on Saturday.

Wouldn't that be quite a sight to see UNI in the Sweet Sixteen after knocking off Kansas. Stranger things have happened in this tournament.

I'm with you... I'm a UNI alum so I always cheer for the Panthers unless they are playing the hawks.

Go Panthers!

I always follow UNI and pull for them when they don't play Iowa.

Tough seed playing the best team second round, but first things first they have to show up and play first round game. If they play as well as they can they'll be ok...

I know it's a long shot to beat Kansas, but I live in Kansas City and have to listen to all these Kansas fans..if they beat KU the cops will likely be called cause I'll be on the roof naked and howling at the moon...

I always follow UNI and pull for them when they don't play Iowa.

Tough seed playing the best team second round, but first things first they have to show up and play first round game. If they play as well as they can they'll be ok...

I know it's a long shot to beat Kansas, but I live in Kansas City and have to listen to all these Kansas fans..if they beat KU the cops will likely be called cause I'll be on the roof naked and howling at the moon...

So basically, it'll just be a normal saturday night for ya?

:D

So you are a fan of Iowa hawkeyes, not a hawkeye fan.

Two things...

First, an 8 beating a 9 isn't actually an upset, since the seeds are in all regards interchangeable.

Next, UNLV is going to beat UNI. Your newfound fandom will end at around 8:15 CDT.

Two things...

First, an 8 beating a 9 isn't actually an upset, since the seeds are in all regards interchangeable.

Next, UNLV is going to beat UNI. Your newfound fandom will end at around 8:15 CDT.
Of course and 8 beating a 9 isn't actually an upset. The eight team is the higher seed after all...

;)

UNI got a terrible draw. Thought they should have been higher than a 9 and then to be put in Kansas's bracket? Terrible.

UNI got a terrible draw. Thought they should have been higher than a 9 and then to be put in Kansas's bracket? Terrible.

I totally agree. UNI should have been 8 at the worst. But I guess there's little difference between an 8 and a 9.

That said I think a 7 seed is justified based on their body of work throughout the season.

Latest posts