Illinoy names starting QB

Didn't Iowa recruit this kid pretty hard? Also, didn't Juice have a backup kid with a great arm? Shocked that kid isn't starting.

My thought is that he is going to regret his decision to play football at Illinois rather than Iowa.

My thought is that he is going to regret his decision to play football at Illinois rather than Iowa.

What's funny is that Nathan got lured to Illinois because Zook sold him on being the next Juice. Now they're going to run a completely different O ... one that is A LOT more like Iowa's O! And the style of Iowa's O was something that initially counted against Iowa in Nathan's mind.

While I wouldn't be shocked if Illinois were to fall flat, thereby resulting in Zook being fired ... their squad is still pretty stocked with guys who Iowa had also offered. That tells me that their squad still has plenty of talent there. Of course, if Zook gets canned, the new coach will still have to likely deal with a transition period. By then, any positive impact that Zook's recruiting might have had will mostly be marginal at best.

Latest posts