Illinois to Legends

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
this is what Brent McMurphy of ESPN just tweeeted:

"Maryland prez tells regents MD, RU in Leaders Division w/OSU, PSU, Wisconsin, Purdue & Indiana. Illinois moves to Legends"

That makes the most sense from the least amount of shuffling

Now the better question, what will this do to scheduling? Will we be seeing nine conference games per year? If so, you had better expect the strength of schedule to decrease when determining national rankings.

Bielema saying if MD and Rutgers to Leaders, it will definitely help their recruiting.

Wisconsin has been the biggest winner in Big Ten expansion thus far.

Why - to a kid, they get to be on TV in their home states every weekend... is playing there everyother year that much of a difference maker to them?

The biggest thing I see as to why it's a winner for Wisconsin is that because they didn't **** the bed with their opportunity the way Kirk did with his, they are in a position to become a national brand, while we become a local joke.

With now 6 division games that leaves only 2 non division games each year. With 1 of them being a locked in game (Purdue/Iowa & Minnesota/Wisconsin), the Iowa/Wisconsin rivalry appears all but destroyed.

Also, time to remake the protected rivalries

Michigan - Ohio State
Michigan State - Indiana
Nebraska - Penn State
Illinois - Purdue
Northwestern - Maryland
Minnesota - Wisconsin
Iowa - Rutgers

At least we get to play in NYC every other year?

With now 6 division games that leaves only 2 non division games each year. With 1 of them being a locked in game (Purdue/Iowa & Minnesota/Wisconsin), the Iowa/Wisconsin rivalry appears all but destroyed.

If the Illinois move is true, at least we get one of our true rivalries back..

...They should really do away with the Protected games..

Why - to a kid, they get to be on TV in their home states every weekend... is playing there everyother year that much of a difference maker to them?

The biggest thing I see as to why it's a winner for Wisconsin is that because they didn't **** the bed with their opportunity the way Kirk did with his, they are in a position to become a national brand, while we become a local joke.

Yeah, because no one in Maryland heard of Wisconsin before this. I'm sure they will dazzle the dozens of college football fans in the Old Line state.

Michigan - Ohio State
Michigan State - Indiana
Nebraska - Penn State
Illinois - Purdue
Northwestern - Maryland
Minnesota - Wisconsin
Iowa - Rutgers

I would be okay with this. We need to get rid of Purdue. Make Illinois or NW play them. We'll take Rutgers or Maryland. It would be good for recruiting to get out East every other year.

this is what Brent McMurphy of ESPN just tweeeted:

"Maryland prez tells regents MD, RU in Leaders Division w/OSU, PSU, Wisconsin, Purdue & Indiana. Illinois moves to Legends"

That makes the most sense from the least amount of shuffling

Crap. Iowa v. Wisky has been a great, great series. It's even in both fb and bb I think. Will they ever play now?

Iowa shares a friggin border with Wisky (and of course, Illinoise), but Wisky will be busy playing Maryland and Rutgerz.

I would be okay with this. We need to get rid of Purdue. Make Illinois or NW play them. We'll take Rutgers or Maryland. It would be good for recruiting to get out East every other year.

If Rutgers has success in the conference, Iowa and Wisconsin can forget about pulling the good kids out of NJ ever again. Rutgers can make the same pitch about playing in grand historical stadiums in front of huge crowds and they'll be close enough to home for mom and dad to go to the games.

Michigan - Ohio State
Michigan State - Indiana
Nebraska - Penn State
Illinois - Purdue
Northwestern - Maryland
Minnesota - Wisconsin
Iowa - Rutgers

I would take either Rutgers or Maryland over Purdue. With Illinois moving over I would think they would want Purdue to preserve their trophy game (Purdue Cannon).

Michigan - Ohio State
Michigan State - Indiana
Nebraska - Penn State
Illinois - Purdue
Northwestern - Maryland
Minnesota - Wisconsin
Iowa - Rutgers

I think Iowa has become the b*tch of the BoneG. :)

Michigan - Ohio State
Michigan State - Indiana
Nebraska - Penn State
Illinois - Purdue
Northwestern - Maryland
Minnesota - Wisconsin
Iowa - Rutgers

The Purdue rivalry gets my blood boiling, but Rutgers? when I see Rutgers on Iowa's schedule thats when I start punching holes in the wall in anger

This news will send shockwaves through the world.. the world that can't get enough of the Illibuck..

041115_illibuck.jpg

If Rutgers has success in the conference, Iowa and Wisconsin can forget about pulling the good kids out of NJ ever again. Rutgers can make the same pitch about playing in grand historical stadiums in front of huge crowds and they'll be close enough to home for mom and dad to go to the games.

Well let's hope the conference gets a lot better in the next 2 years so Rutgers is never a factor.

Latest posts