Illinois St. is no cream puff

What a pathetic excuse of a "fan" to want your team to lose.

I have been an Iowa football fan since my dad took me to the Iowa/Air Force game on October 4, 1958. I was 8 years old. The Air Force tied Iowa in what was considered a HUGE upset at the time: 13-13. Iowa was ranked 8th in the nation. Air Force went on to finish 9-0-2, its second tie coming against Texas Christian in the January 1, 1959 Cotton Bowl. Air Force finished ranked number 8 in the nation. Oh yes, I AM an Iowa fan, moron. I attended EVERY home football game for four years while a student at the University of Iowa. My dad walked on and made the freshman team in the fall of 1941. He played freshman football that fall and spring 1942 practice. He then quit school and enlisted in the U.S. Navy during World War II.

My brother and sister both graduated from Iowa, as I did in 1972. You'd better watch who you call "pathetic.." If there is a "pathetic" poster on this board, it's YOU.

My point was this: IF it takes some hard losses that fall primarily at the feet of the coaches due to boneheaded, ultra over-the-top conservative play calling, then it could possibly cause enough fan/alumni/ other supporter disgust to sweep this coaching staff out of Iowa football for good, knowing that we won't likely be very good for a least 5 years, but to at least try to start to rebuild this program one brick at a time. The thought of 5 more years of Ferentz and Davis is intolerable...

Latest posts