Illinois running back prospect David Smith no longer considering Iowa

If i understand correctly it's more of a we blew him off kinda thing--sounds like we are pursuing other backs more heavily and he picked up on it......

I saw that, but he's apparently not interested in Iowa anymore. Obviously skilled enough that he doesn't have to be. We must be sitting pretty good with Garmon.

I think that's why he's not interested though. He knows he's not at the top of our list. I think we are at the top of Garmon's list though. It just worries me that he sounds like he won't announce until the Army AA game. That would suck to get screwed over that late.

I think that's why he's not interested though. He knows he's not at the top of our list. I think we are at the top of Garmon's list though. It just worries me that he sounds like he won't announce until the Army AA game. That would suck to get screwed over that late.

Hope you're right! Kid seems pretty talented, and like you said it would suck getting shafted that late in the game.

Regardless of why he took us off its still bad. He looked really good on tape I think well be missing out on him

Yes, I believe he tweeted something the other day about how he wasn't at the top of Iowa's board anymore and he doesn't know why.

I think Smith probably thought he was the top guy, but there was always garmon who may have been more highly sought after. Hopefully there is a more legit chance at Garmon so they have told that to Smith.

Now, he has had an offer for several months and had Iowa on top. If he wanted to go to Iowa he could've committed and this would be a moot point right now. simple.

Cause we are in on higher rated guys. Simple.

I hope that is the case. I hope whoever we get is ok with being redshirted. I feel like we already have a pretty promising group of guys at the RB position with Coker and McCall. Would be pretty tough to get any playing time for a few years considering how we have been using Coker.

I could be way off base on this one though.

Well Malloy got an offer and took it. Smith had that chance. I think malloy is headed to the slot receiver position anyway.

I say screw red shirting any of them. Instead we should give them 2 carries at the end of a blow out non conference game then never use them the rest of the year. Then Ferentz should tell everyone at the pressers that they will see action next week just to mess with them more

Not saying this is the case here but some kids take longer to pull the trigger or think to highly of themselves and if they wait too long they miss the train and have to look elsewhere. Happens to 4 star kids as well.

Latest posts