Illinois Reportedly Offers A 4th-Grader

We're truly going from the absurd to the ridiculous with these early offers. Pretty soon, an offer will go out to Ezekiel Elliot's or Le'veon Bells' next son while they're still in diapers.

Meh. Runs too upright.
Seriously though, that kid is really fast for a 10 year old (compared to athletes, not common folk like me).

It appears he's already better than most of the offensive players on the roster. Rumor has it that Lovie is trying to get him to enroll early before he's out of middle school.

Really, a 4th grader. How about letting a kid grow up a little. 9th grade is the earliest someone should be recruited in my opinion. Of course with Illinois boosters this kid could be rich by the time he gets to 9th grade. I know kids get recruited earlier than the 9th grade but when does the madness end. If the NCAA cared even the least for the kids they'd put a mandate on this but as we know they're to busy trying to figure out how they're going to punish North Carolina before 2025 rolls around.

Really, a 4th grader. How about letting a kid grow up a little. 9th grade is the earliest someone should be recruited in my opinion. Of course with Illinois boosters this kid could be rich by the time he gets to 9th grade. I know kids get recruited earlier than the 9th grade but when does the madness end. If the NCAA cared even the least for the kids they'd put a mandate on this but as weto figure out how they're going to punish North Carolina before 2025 rolls around know they're to busy trying .

Uh, they're not GOING to punish North Carolina...

What's the point of the NCAA governing body? Punishments rulings are subjective and are waited in favor of the level of program and revenue generation capability.

For this recruitment saga can the NCAA rules committee make it a lot more ethical for the student/athletes and schools if players could not be recruited until the start of their junior year and allowing each school a max number of 'offers'... say 40 per year. Once the student/athlete receives the offer he has 2 weeks to determine if he is interested and can only keep 5 active offers at any one time. The offer is then committable as soon as a campus visit is taken. Done and end of story cleaning it up on both sides. If a decommit occurs after it starts the process over but each school can only take 'x' number of decommitts per year.

What I don't understand is how we're not hearing coaches speaking about UNC not getting punished. Are all college programs that dirty, that they'll stay silent?

Look at the level of money in college sports. Are you seriously asking that question? Look how a coach like KF gets paid and hires his son. Again, are you asking a serious question? Ya honestly think the ISU athletic department is that upset about losing? Have they found their niche that works financially? Why does a coach like the guy who was at MN think he can say and do what he does? We could go on. PSU, Louisville, Baylor not even counting the muder cover up. Syracuse, UCLA, NC, Kentucky, Huggins anywhere he's been, USC, OSU, Ronnie Harmon, Lou Henson, Bruce Pearl, Indiana even leaving out Bob Knight, Barry Switzer, SMU, Rick Neuheisal, Leach, Charlie Pell, Petrino, Don James, Chip Kelly, Oregon minus Chip Kelly, Cam Newton and the former ISU coach, Miami, BC, Fab 5, Mizzou, KU, OSU the one in the Big 12, any team that would hire Bob Knight post IU, ....those are the things I can easily come up with.

You remember when Lute called out Jim Dutcher, Lou Henson and Johnny Orr and said if we turned in what we know that we'd never recruit Chicago again?

Again, serious question?

Look at the level of money in college sports. Are you seriously asking that question? Look how a coach like KF gets paid and hires his son. Again, are you asking a serious question? Ya honestly think the ISU athletic department is that upset about losing? Have they found their niche that works financially? Why does a coach like the guy who was at MN think he can say and do what he does? We could go on. PSU, Louisville, Baylor not even counting the muder cover up. Syracuse, UCLA, NC, Kentucky, Huggins anywhere he's been, USC, OSU, Ronnie Harmon, Lou Henson, Bruce Pearl, Indiana even leaving out Bob Knight, Barry Switzer, SMU, Rick Neuheisal, Leach, Charlie Pell, Petrino, Don James, Chip Kelly, Oregon minus Chip Kelly, Cam Newton and the former ISU coach, Miami, BC, Fab 5, Mizzou, KU, OSU the one in the Big 12, any team that would hire Bob Knight post IU, ....those are the things I can easily come up with.

You remember when Lute called out Jim Dutcher, Lou Henson and Johnny Orr and said if we turned in what we know that we'd never recruit Chicago again?

Again, serious question?
Looks like you answered the question.

I'm surprised nobody's tagged this post with a racism charge.

Most crime in this nation occurs w males with below average IQ. Not low averarage but below average. A lot of that is caused by fetal alcohol damage. Since few low average people get bachelors degrees, below average isnt really possible. In that below average range (70 - 90 i q) the big issue is delayed gratification resulting in crime.

Below 70 the cause is oft genetic or birth trauma. But thise dont function well enough to be considered athletes.

The bigger issue is recruiting those not really capable of completing a degree. Obviously it isnt that simple w factors such as 2 parent households and local cultu re e but I think this is a part of it.

Latest posts