Illinois Oct. 8 Is A Night Game

I like them in the sense that I'm working a lot of Saturdays this fall, but I generally like Iowa playing earlier so I can truly enjoy the other games knowing that Iowa's win (assuming they do) is in the bag.

Awesome. I like 6:30 start times.
It works awesome for me.

My best friend's daughter who is essentially a niece to me has state marching band competition in Sheldon that day and that's the only one close enough and open enough on the calendar for me to go watch.

This will also be my first experience at a band-nerd fest. Any tips from some of you guys for a newbie? Are tambourines allowed in the crowd? Do I stand up and scream during opposing bands' performances like I do on 3rd downs? Help me out here if you have experience at these things.

It works awesome for me.

My best friend's daughter who is essentially a niece to me has state marching band competition in Sheldon that day and that's the only one close enough and open enough on the calendar for me to go watch.

This will also be my first experience at a band-nerd fest. Any tips from some of you guys for a newbie? Are tambourines allowed in the crowd? Do I stand up and scream during opposing bands' performances like I do on 3rd downs? Help me out here if you have experience at these things.
I think you need to locate a cowbell.

Maybe a "I live for band." T-shirt.

I think you need to locate a cowbell.

Maybe a "I live for band." T-shirt.
Shirt's a good idea but ixnay on the cowbell.

I want to shove those goddamn things up Mississippi State's ass sideways every time I hear 'em.

After the bowl game I swore to god and (I still do) that I don't care if Iowa is playing MS State in the national championship game, I'm not watching. How any conference allows those fucking things in the stadium is beyond me.

I want to shove those goddamn things up Mississippi State's ass sideways every time I hear 'em.

After the bowl game I swore to god and (I still do) that I don't care if Iowa is playing MS State in the national championship game, I'm not watching. How any conference allows those fucking things in the stadium is beyond me.

I remember my boys playing in a youth basketball game like at 4U and some lady from some hick small town around our region brought a cowbell and rang it in the gym during the game. F'ing annoying as hell. Everybody just stared at her in disbelief.

Their receivers were hearing cowbells that day after our defensive backs started knocking them around. And for three weeks the Nancy's on here were raving about Mississippi State's physicality!

Wow, that sucks, I am going to the game and figured an early game, home by evening. Now I got to rethink everything. Motels will be booked solid. Seemed like a good idea. Night game into a 4 hour drive home.

Wow, that sucks, I am going to the game and figured an early game, home by evening. Now I got to rethink everything. Motels will be booked solid. Seemed like a good idea. Night game into a 4 hour drive home.
I just looked and there are TONS of hotels available on the 8th within a 30 mile radius of Champaign for $80-120.

Pick something a 20 minute drive or so out of town in the direction you need to go and you’re golden.

Go to google maps, find Champaign, and click the hotels icon. That’s what we do to find best prices in an area and it works great.

Staying at an AB&B Friday night 1 mile from the stadium, was going to just walk to the game. We'll probable stay Bloomington or Peoria on way home unless feeling good than probable drive it back to Dubuque all the way. Now we got 6 hours from check out to the game, any good activities nearby? Than again we might just check out the tailgating scene.

I just looked and there are TONS of hotels available on the 8th within a 30 mile radius of Champaign for $80-120.

Pick something a 20 minute drive or so out of town in the direction you need to go and you’re golden.

Go to google maps, find Champaign, and click the hotels icon. That’s what we do to find best prices in an area and it works great.
@HawkGold lives in that area. I think everyone should crash his pad and prepare to learn about the world of Commander McBragg LOL.

Or maybe he is off at a bank seminar in Zurich or meeting Russian diplomats in Shanghai or tracking zebra in Kenya or engineering a ski jump in Norway or commercial fishing in Nome or.......

Anyone feeling we get our poop kicked in next weekend?
I think any team with a pulse has a good chance to beat this Hawk team. You can't expect the defense to save you every weekend. Illinois D line will be up Petras azz so far he won't know what hit him. When the line gives him time he can't consistently hit his open receivers. Illinois by 10.

@HawkGold lives in that area. I think everyone should crash his pad and prepare to learn about the world of Commander McBragg LOL.

Or maybe he is off at a bank seminar in Zurich or meeting Russian diplomats in Shanghai or tracking zebra in Kenya or engineering a ski jump in Norway or commercial fishing in Nome or.......
I'll be around:)

It works awesome for me.

Certainly you jest. If not be respectful when other bands are on. Admire the time and effort that goes into it. Stay during the session which will be about an hour.

You might actually enjoy it. Stay for some of the bigger schools.