Illinois at Wisconsin

Wisky wasn't all that athletic. Hell, Brust was a Lichliter recruit. This Iowa team just can't close a win....

OSU and MSU will run us out of the gym unless we bring 40 minutes of our "A" game

Wisky wasn't all that athletic. Hell, Brust was a Lichliter recruit. This Iowa team just can't close a win....

OSU and MSU will run us out of the gym unless we bring 40 minutes of our "A" game

They seem a lot more athletic than years past. They put 51 on the hawks in a half

I'd say we are just as athletic though

OSU doesn't scare me and we should have beat MSU twice last year

Not gonna lie... I'm getting more and more aggravated at how that one slipped away.

Spliff, I totally agree, but Iowa's offense is not geared around the three like Wisconsin's....You and I both could knock down three's all day if we had a guard that could drive in, collapse the defense, and kick it out.....the teams that are playing that style of offense spreads us out and either gets an easy lay up or kicks it out....hell, look at where some of those three's were coming from....way beyond the arc...hard to defend that....still pi$$es me off though....

I disagree, in the past Wisconsin has not been all that athletic but this team is as athletic of a Bo Ryan coached team that I have ever seen. They actually know how to score! Fran wanted Brust and I could not help but think what a difference his shooting could have made for Iowa both on last years team and this years.

I think Iowa will do just fine against MSU and OSU, I don't think they will win but Iowa is athletic enough to keep it close.

Iowa 23 fouls; Wisconsin 22. Illinois 21 fouls; Wisconsin 12. This is why Fran does what he does.

Because he has the depth, he can afford to turn it into a hack fest. Not a bad strategy. Not all teams can give that many fouls and keep 5 guys on the floor.

Wisconsin scores 51 in a half against Iowa then 50 in a half against Illinois?! It's not like they did that against dogs either

Did someone slip a roofie into my drink? Did someone slip a roofie into Bo's drink?

Newsflash: Wisconsin is the Wisconsin of yesteryear, when they played defense the same way they do today, except their offense was plodding (although efficient). They can score now.

Newsflash: Wisconsin is the Wisconsin of yesteryear, when they played defense the same way they do today, except their offense was plodding (although efficient). They can score now.

Which they couldn't do in the past which is why this Wisconsin team is different from years past.

At home Wisky is very tough. Before I crown them great I'd like to see them on the road in a tough environment and see if the three's drop at the same rate and the defensive intensity is there. IL has talent, but not a team as of yet. They did play much better in the second half and WI didn't play the reserves that much against IL number one unit.

At home Wisky is very tough. Before I crown them great I'd like to see them on the road in a tough environment and see if the three's drop at the same rate and the defensive intensity is there. IL has talent, but not a team as of yet. They did play much better in the second half and WI didn't play the reserves that much against IL number one unit.

They don't have to go to MSU and OSU this year. They may go 16-2 in the conference. They made 4 turnovers last night. They committed only 14 fouls, but got to the FT line 33 times and made 23 as Illinois was called for 23 fouls. The Badgers hit over 40% of their threes.

I know one loss they will have on the road - at Carver.

The ******** will rise to the top eventually and Wisconsin(Iowa State for that matter as well), will actually have to go on the road against good teams. Good teams, yes, but lets see how they do against good teams away.

They don't have to go to MSU and OSU this year. They may go 16-2 in the conference. They made 4 turnovers last night. They committed only 14 fouls, but got to the FT line 33 times and made 23 as Illinois was called for 23 fouls. The Badgers hit over 40% of their threes.

I know one loss they will have on the road - at Carver.

My guess is Wisconsin will be favored in every game they play the rest of the regular season except the road game at Carver. I'm thinking they will end up with 3 or 4 losses.

Most probable losses - @ Iowa and @ Michigan

Could lose - home games against Michigan, Ohio State and Michigan State

Not as likely to lose - road games @ Indiana, @ Minnesota, @ Purdue and @ Illinois

Wisconsin has the most favorable schedule out of the top teams to win the Big Ten. They have to be the favorite to win the regular season title right now.

My guess is Wisconsin will be favored in every game they play the rest of the regular season except the road game at Carver. I'm thinking they will end up with 3 or 4 losses.

Most probable losses - @ Iowa and @ Michigan

Could lose - home games against Michigan, Ohio State and Michigan State

Not as likely to lose - road games @ Indiana, @ Minnesota, @ Purdue and @ Illinois

I think you are greatly underestimating how tough it is to win on the road in the B1G. Aside from a road trip in Evanston this year there really isnt a "gimmee". I could easily see Wisky losing any of the games at Purdue, Indiana, Minnesota or Illinois.

Remember before the season when a lot of us, myself included, predicted this year to be a year Wisconsin takes a step back allowing is to jump them in the rankings??

It's hard for me to grasp that this team is playing so well. They just put up back to back halves of 50+ points against top 25 opponents.

Activebadger.... This is for you, boy was I wrong about this Badger team and I won't doubt Bo again in the near future.

I've seen a lot of folks predicting the demise of Wisconsin hoops for a while now, and it hasn't happened. Like 'em or hate 'em, that's a pretty darn good program Bo has going over there. I'd like to see Iowa find that kind of consistency, or even close to it.

I've seen a lot of folks predicting the demise of Wisconsin hoops for a while now, and it hasn't happened. Like 'em or hate 'em, that's a pretty darn good program Bo has going over there. I'd like to see Iowa find that kind of consistency, or even close to it.

I think last season was the season a lot of us thought they were rebuilding (myself included). Some rebuild that turned out to be. But after watching them against Iowa and again last night they are impressive. My gawd Bo found some offense!!!!

Latest posts