Illinois 4A BB Title Game

Seth53

A school about 15 miles from me, Moline, is playing in today's Illinois 4A BB title game.

34-3 and #2 ranked, they take on #1 ranked Benet (Lisle) who comes in at 35-1.

Two Hawkeye recruits, PG Brock Harding and C/F Owen Freeman lead the Maroon's charge.

A school about 15 miles from me, Moline, is playing in today's Illinois 4A BB title game.

34-3 and #2 ranked, they take on #1 ranked Benet (Lisle) who comes in at 35-1.

Two Hawkeye recruits, PG Brock Harding and C/F Owen Freeman lead the Maroon's charge.

A month or two ago I watched youtube clips of the game against Chicago Simeon. Simeon is the best team in 5A(someone check me if I have that wrong). I have no idea what kind of offers the Simeon kids are getting, but Harding/Freeman held their own against those guys.

If you get a few minutes check those clips out. You can only get so much out of those clips, but you can kinda see what Fran sees in those kids. IMO, both will translate to the next level, it is just a matter of when.

A month or two ago I watched youtube clips of the game against Chicago Simeon. Simeon is the best team in 5A(someone check me if I have that wrong). I have no idea what kind of offers the Simeon kids are getting, but Harding/Freeman held their own against those guys.

If you get a few minutes check those clips out. You can only get so much out of those clips, but you can kinda see what Fran sees in those kids. IMO, both will translate to the next level, it is just a matter of when.
In Illinois (at least this year), 4A is the "big school" league. Moline is playing for the 4A title.

But good point about Simeon who is playing for the 3A championship.
They've been ranked #1 in Illinois 3A most of the year.

Simeon beat both the 4A finalists (Moline by one point, Benet by 3) during the regular season.
It's the only blemish on Benet's record this year.

Their legendary coach, Robert Smith, since taking over the program in 2004, is 512-88.
This includes six seasons as the state champ, including four in a row (09-12)

Last edited:
In Illinois (at least this year), 4A is the "big school" league. Moline is playing for the 4A title.

Simeon beat both the 4A finalists (Moline by one point, Benet by 3) during the regular season.

Their legendary coach, Robert Smith, since taking over the program in 2004, is 512-88.

Too lazy to do the research...do you know what kind of offers the Simeon kids are getting?

Moline wins title.

Iowa recruit Harding goes for 28.

Well, Harding and Freeman had a pair of turnovers between them

Brock with one TO is somewhat of a jaw dropper

Jaw Drop Omg GIF - JawDrop Omg - Discover & Share GIFs | Jaw drop gif, Cool  gifs, Gif

Misread the box score, Owen had more than one

Gonna have to work on that, somewhat problematic

:cool::cool:

Last edited:

I have heard of Simeon for years. Has Iowa gotten any players out of there?

Well, Harding and Freeman had a pair of turnovers between them

Brock with one TO is somewhat of a jaw dropper

Jaw Drop Omg GIF - JawDrop Omg - Discover & Share GIFs | Jaw drop gif, Cool  gifs, Gif

Misread the box score, Owen had more than one

Gonna have to work on that, somewhat problematic

:cool::cool:

Can they play defense?

Here is a replay of the game in case anybody interested.

Harding looks good and was best player on the floor. Freeman has skill and passed well out of the post. He definitely needs some increased strength and improvement on stronger, more decisive post moves.

Biggest takeaway is Illinois needs a shot clock. 4th quarter was weak. Lisle Benet intentionally fouled the whole quarter just to get the ball back.

Good to see future Hawkeyes playing well and winning ILL.

Latest posts