Illannoy-Oakland play 7 mins with women's ball

That is funny. I would have known the second I didn't have to use my second hand when dunking. Oh wait, they didn't lower the basket as well, huh?

Honestly, how the heck does this happen? Just such a huge difference between that the two that it's instantly noticeable.

Let me guess, Ed Hightower threw the opening tip.

No, he stopped play when he realized it was a girl's ball.
He came all the way across the court to make the call (clearly out of position), jumped up and snared the ball mid-air. Then began to wave his arms crazily in the air at the equipment manager. After it settled, he went to the scorer's table to confirm, then spanked the coaches on the butt.

Let me guess, Ed Hightower threw the opening tip.

Actually,it was one of the other horrible refs in the Big Ten....Mike Sanzere.
The guy is a joke. Of course as such a little guy,all basketballs just seem equally enormous to him.

When Illini players pointed it out to Sanzere, he shooed them away.
When Illini players pointed it out to Bruce Weber, he told them to shut up and shoot the ball better,saying they were making excuses.

A pair of arsehats.

When Illini players pointed it out to Bruce Weber, he told them to shut up and shoot the ball better,saying they were making excuses.

A pair of arsehats.

I had an idiot coach like that one year in high school. I transferred to a rival school and loved kicking his arse for the next two years.

Funny story. Too bad Hightower wasn't there, or Jim Bain.

Must have been fun for the players to think they could palm it like Wilt.

No, he stopped play when he realized it was a girl's ball.
He came all the way across the court to make the call (clearly out of position), jumped up and snared the ball mid-air. Then began to wave his arms crazily in the air at the equipment manager. After it settled, he went to the scorer's table to confirm, then spanked the coaches on the butt.

.....there had to have been an electric slide in there somewhere. He then went to the monitor to see himself in proportion to the ball to make sure it was the right size. He checked 4 different angles.

I haven't really played much hoops in a few years and I could tell the difference just by feeling it. There is no reason that a ref who touches balls every night shouldn't know the difference between a men's and women's ball.

Actually,it was one of the other horrible refs in the Big Ten....Mike Sanzere.
The guy is a joke. Of course as such a little guy,all basketballs just seem equally enormous to him.

When Illini players pointed it out to Sanzere, he shooed them away.

A pair of arsehats.
Dude, the first part happened, the second is fiction on your part.
Players from both teams complained about the ball and the official wouldn't listen and motioned them to keep playing. Things weren't righted until a break in the action and the Illini coaches asked the officials to check the ball.

Honestly, how the heck does this happen? Just such a huge difference between that the two that it's instantly noticeable.

Really....the first clue should have been it 'bitched' everytime you touched it.

Last edited:

Latest posts