ike boettger leads Allen on TD run

uihawk82

Just amazing the number of Olinemen from Iowa who end up starting or playing in the NFL. They are schooled in just great fundamentals and it parlays into Sunday playing time.

I just wish that helped the Hawks win on Saturdays. I guess the NFL thing is better than nothin.

I know what you mean but on offense the hawks seem to be really good when they have the QB with swagger and play making ability and and increasingly better passing game. The run game blocking is usually there

Anybody done a real study on how many as a percentage of linemen that Iowa gets into the NFL?

I count 9 Hawks. Teams typically carry 9 OL's. 32 teams means there are 288 OL's in the league.

There are 65 power conference college teams.? Out of those, maybe 50 of relevance? That's between 5 and 6 OL's per relevant P5 teams. Of course, not all linemen come from P5 conferences, so let's say there are 250 positions filled by P5 teams. That's 5 per team. Iowa has almost 2x as many.

I wouldn't call that a juggernaut but it is something. Maybe not amazing, but good numbers. Maybe amazing by NCAA wins? Maybe if you looked at average P5 teams, Iowa would be highly successful.

My figures may be off as I didn't look for how many P5 teams there are.

Bulaga, Reiff, Scherff, Blythe, Daniels, Yanda, Boettger, what two am I missing?

Got one of them, Cole Croston. Still need one more

Anybody done a real study on how many as a percentage of linemen that Iowa gets into the NFL?

I count 9 Hawks. Teams typically carry 9 OL's. 32 teams means there are 288 OL's in the league.

There are 65 power conference college teams.? Out of those, maybe 50 of relevance? That's between 5 and 6 OL's per relevant P5 teams. Of course, not all linemen come from P5 conferences, so let's say there are 250 positions filled by P5 teams. That's 5 per team. Iowa has almost 2x as many.

I wouldn't call that a juggernaut but it is something. Maybe not amazing, but good numbers. Maybe amazing by NCAA wins? Maybe if you looked at average P5 teams, Iowa would be highly successful.

My figures may be off as I didn't look for how many P5 teams there are.

The percentage of NFL players out of P5 conferences runs just below 70 percent. Based on that, I would guess that the number of offensive linemen from P5 conferences runs just below 200 out of 288.

Well I bet Ike would have helped us win more games had he not gotten hurt in his senior season. Sometimes things don't pan out perfectly

That's your rationale for Kirk not producing on gameday for over a decade? "The talent was hurt" argument? Come on dog.

That's your rationale for Kirk not producing on gameday for over a decade? "The talent was hurt" argument? Come on dog.
I think going from an NFL talent to an unknown freshmen has an impact. The game is won and lost in the trenches is a pretty well known truth in football. I am also not saying Kirk is perfect by any means either. The lack of receivers has been abysmal. WIth that being said though I like a couple of the receivers we have now, so hopefully that leads to some more wins.

Listen, when Ike and Boone went down with season ending injuries a few years ago...all the anti KF crowd labeled both average to below average and that losing them wasn't that big a deal to that team. I argued that was why the offense struggled that year and gave the offense a break for the tough games against good teams. Well, I guess the NFL thinks Ike is pretty good.

Listen, when Ike and Boone went down with season ending injuries a few years ago...all the anti KF crowd labeled both average to below average and that losing them wasn't that big a deal to that team. I argued that was why the offense struggled that year and gave the offense a break for the tough games against good teams. Well, I guess the NFL thinks Ike is pretty good.

If only Wirfs and Jackson hadn't gone down this year, we'd of had a better record.

If only Wirfs and Jackson hadn't gone down this year, we'd of had a better record.

I think your better "IF" would be "If Stanley could have hit the broad side of a barn in the Penn State game, or made critical throws against Wisconsin, and NW...well, we would have had a much better record." Protection wasn't an issue this year...lowest sacks in the B10. Accuracy and decision making at the QB position was. Against Wisconsin, Purdue, and Penn State, he threw horrible inceptions that put them inside our ten yard line. Just saying.

Latest posts