IHSAA 2020 Tourney

Wisconsin's WIAA shut things down suddenly and abruptly after Thursday nights games, with the girls at state and the boys in sectionals. As of Friday there were a whopping seventeen confirmed cases of Covid-19 in the state.

Talk about heartbroken kids. I want to give a special shout out to Platteville girls seniors Becca Hoyer, Izzy Carroll, and Sami Martin , as well as Cuba City boys seniors Jackson Noll and Brady Olson. Thanks for the memories.

I believe these decisions were not made rationally. Panic was involved, as well as the need to save face. Even with empty arenas, accept for immediate families, the show was not allowed to go on.

Like I said the kids were heartbroken. Not one member of Cuba City's varsity was in school yesterday. I suspect that the officials who made those decisions will struggle with them emotiinally for a while as well.

Now school is getting banged all over the country. Where do we go from here? The next logical step is restaurants, movie theatres, and retail stores. It is not out of the question to see a Wal-Mart employee at the door with a counter in their hand, keeping people outside u til a customer leaves once they reach designated capacity.

We're past the tipping point now. They will shut this frickin country down before they risk too many people getting sick at once. This is unchartered territory and it is not out of the question that we have seen our last live American sporting event until the NFL starts back up in September. That is in play.

So does that mean Walmart will close the other register that was open that isn't a self-check to put someone at the door? For the longest time I couldn't figure out why they only seemed to ever have 2 cashiers and all the other lanes were shut down. They've been training to deal with the coronavirus for years.

Latest posts