Ignorance is NOT bliss

Funny stuff there. I think any sentient Tech fan will recognize the tongue firmly in cheek. OP, did you have a humorectomy?

Why? I didn't read it all that closely but it looks like he is making fun of a statistical program projection.

"Our favorite performance is by Ricky Stanzi, who's seen throwing a deep bomb for a touchdown with Iowa up by literally 8 touchdowns and three minutes left in the entire game. If you don't call off the dogs there, you literally have no idea what "calling off the dogs" means or entails. And what's even better, it's on a flea flicker. No, that's not explicitly mentioned anywhere, but it's in a universe where Iowa leads Georgia Tech by 56 points in a football game and the starting quarterback is still in the game; why wouldn't they run the flea flicker to the post route?"

I actually found it rather humorous.

edit because I couldn't spell statistical correct the first time.

I found that satirical look at computer simulations to be quite entertaining...or downright awesome, take your pick! Even if it had the score reversed I would've loved it.

This guy almost makes me embarressed to be a hawk fan (i said almost...) And to think I always wondered why the ESPN and other mainstream media heads don't like us...

Huh? Care to elaborate on why it embarrasses you? Apparently you don't read Black Heart Gold Pants too often, eh?

If anything, BHGP is a reason why ESPN, other mainstream media, and the rest of humankind should LOVE us.

I just find it funny at his approach to a huge lead with three minutes left in the game and trick plays with starters find their way into the play calling scenerio. Obviously, he has never watched a game coached by KF and KOK. And I'm pretty sure he was analyzing NCAA 2010 and believing it was a future-telling machine or something lol

Who would take this seriously? Anybody who knows anything about Iowa knows that Kirk Ferentz would NEVER run the score up on someone like that

I love that site. Taking that article seriously is well... seriously ridiculous, lol. I mean really, is the Iowa basketball team's woes really because of haircuts?

"Lighten up, Francis." ;)

I just find it funny at his approach to a huge lead with three minutes left in the game and trick plays with starters find their way into the play calling scenerio. Obviously, he has never watched a game coached by KF and KOK. And I'm pretty sure he was analyzing NCAA 2010 and believing it was a future-telling machine or something lol

Good Lord. You must be a BHGP virgin.

I love that site. Taking that article seriously is well... seriously ridiculous, lol. I mean really, is the Iowa basketball team's woes really because of haircuts?

What the!?!? Dude...you serious? It's not???

I'll be back...gotta bust off another e-mail to Lick...:eek:

Dude, I am assuming you didn't read the whole article, or have very serious reading comprehension problems. I thought all the responses to your post would clue you in, but apparently not: It is a satiric article discussing a prediction made by a (poorly programmed) computer. It is tongue-in-cheek. A joke. Humorous. Nobody, except for the What If Sports computer, is predicting any of those things to happen. The very absurdity of Iowa scoring 80 points and rushing for 575 yards is what triggered the article itself. I'm not really sure how else to spell it out.

Dude, I am assuming you didn't read the whole article, or have very serious reading comprehension problems. I thought all the responses to your post would clue you in, but apparently not: It is a satiric article discussing a prediction made by a (poorly programmed) computer. It is tongue-in-cheek. A joke. Humorous. Nobody, except for the What If Sports computer, is predicting any of those things to happen. The very absurdity of Iowa scoring 80 points and rushing for 575 yards is what triggered the article itself. I'm not really sure how else to spell it out.

Maybe the "What If" Computer spit out that first post and everyone else here doesn't get it. Ever thought of that???

Key Robotchikin/Chris Angel/ Mind Freak music...

That is a great summary quote for this thread, Rob.
Lighten up Francis. Good stuff

Errors and Omissions: Believe it's Criss Angel, not that I really care about a moron like that. :)

You are probably right about the spelling. Whats with the trend of uncommon spelling of names?

Sincerly,

MZuyH-McFrzzique (Pronounced Michael)

Latest posts