If you're planning on attending the Nebraska game, why?

The I-O-W-A chants have been few and far between this year and this O isn't going to miss one last chance to do it again. (And yes I think we score at least one TD vs. Nebby)

Plus it's football on a Friday, I don't have to work and I will be drinking beer when I would be normally headed to the office, that there is all the reason I need to make the final game.

You're an "O"? What section you sit in?

The I-O-W-A chants have been few and far between this year and this O isn't going to miss one last chance to do it again. (And yes I think we score at least one TD vs. Nebby)

Plus it's football on a Friday, I don't have to work and I will be drinking beer when I would be normally headed to the office, that there is all the reason I need to make the final game.

Thank you fellow O......

1) Not sure if it has happened in history (and don't really care for the lesson) but, in my 33 years of following the Hawks, this is the first "Friday after Thanksgiving" game to be played in Kinnick.
(Thank my wife for making that the main reason to go - to be part of that "history". :rolleyes:)

2) I have season ticket$$ and hate the thought of not using them all.

3) I kinda like the pregame build-up with the entrance of Herky (will he or won't he stick the flag?), Back In Black and the Hawkeye semi running over a poorly farked, cheesy, card-board image of the opponents mascot. This season, it's been the most exciting activity on the field.

4) It's senior day and I always get choked up during the introduction ceremony with the parents.

5) Each section develops it's own personality and group dynamics. Without me providing the dysfunctional, emotional roller coaster between outspoken anger, passive-aggressive sarcasm, disinterest and manic joy (the latter has been quite absent this year;)) the entire social structure of my section might collapse. How discourteous of me to ask the rest of the section to suffer that possibility during the last game of the season.

6) Possibly most importantly, I had a great time after Purdue (LOVE the early starts!) getting good-n-buzzy downtown. It was the first gameday all season it wasn't an up-n-back due to some other obligation. I anticipate doing the same for Nebby. The early game gives me plenty of sober-up and grab some grub time, still get home by 7 or 8 to watch the really good football and, being on Friday, the extra "weekend" day allows for complete recovery + more good football on Saturday.

7) I continue to hold out hope that this mythical backup QB - Jake Rucock - might actually take some snaps. IF he does actually exist, even if he crashes and burns, I will be ecstatic at the mere sighting -- like the prospect of seeing a UFO or Bigfoot would probably be a life-changing event.

8) Oh yeah ... the game. Meh. Know the outcome so don't really care. It's eye-gougingly difficult to watch the combo of such horrible situational strategy and execution but have become somewhat numb to it over the past few years. I expect we'll prolly be gone after the first series of the 2nd half by The OFFENSIVE, when they go 3 & out, followed by a worn-out defensive being shredded for a score.

More time to get to #6!

I agree with most of what has been said in this thread alreay, however I will not be going to the game. I gave my tickets to a buddy of mine who doesn't get to go to many games. So he is pretty excited and should have fun.
My wife is due on the 28th, so 5 days after this game, and we have some other stuff that needs to be done before baby comes. Not to mention I have had my share of disappointment already this season. Still a die hard fan and will be watching, but I figured this was a good one to let someone else enjoy.
If the Hawks had a successful season going I never would have considered giving the tickets away, but with the poor season and baby coming, I gave the opportunity to someone else.

Long time season ticket holder, with an eight year old who is making his memories with "Dad" as I did so many years ago. Sure the hawks stink, but is Kinnick wouldnt miss it for the world..

Only reasons I have

1) Not sure if it has happened in history (and don't really care for the lesson) but, in my 33 years of following the Hawks, this is the first "Friday after Thanksgiving" game to be played in Kinnick.
(Thank my wife for making that the main reason to go - to be part of that "history". :rolleyes:)

2) I have season ticket$$ and hate the thought of not using them all.

3) I kinda like the pregame build-up with the entrance of Herky (will he or won't he stick the flag?), Back In Black and the Hawkeye semi running over a poorly farked, cheesy, card-board image of the opponents mascot. This season, it's been the most exciting activity on the field.

4) It's senior day and I always get choked up during the introduction ceremony with the parents.

5) Each section develops it's own personality and group dynamics. Without me providing the dysfunctional, emotional roller coaster between outspoken anger, passive-aggressive sarcasm, disinterest and manic joy (the latter has been quite absent this year;)) the entire social structure of my section might collapse. How discourteous of me to ask the rest of the section to suffer that possibility during the last game of the season.

6) Possibly most importantly, I had a great time after Purdue (LOVE the early starts!) getting good-n-buzzy downtown. It was the first gameday all season it wasn't an up-n-back due to some other obligation. I anticipate doing the same for Nebby. The early game gives me plenty of sober-up and grab some grub time, still get home by 7 or 8 to watch the really good football and, being on Friday, the extra "weekend" day allows for complete recovery + more good football on Saturday.

7) I continue to hold out hope that this mythical backup QB - Jake Rucock - might actually take some snaps. IF he does actually exist, even if he crashes and burns, I will be ecstatic at the mere sighting -- like the prospect of seeing a UFO or Bigfoot would probably be a life-changing event.

8) Oh yeah ... the game. Meh. Know the outcome so don't really care. It's eye-gougingly difficult to watch the combo of such horrible situational strategy and execution but have become somewhat numb to it over the past few years. I expect we'll prolly be gone after the first series of the 2nd half by The OFFENSIVE, when they go 3 & out, followed by a worn-out defensive being shredded for a score.

More time to get to #6!

Outstanding.....

I'm a season ticket holder and haven't been to Kinnick since the Tennessee Tech game last year. I'm finally going to be back in Iowa for a home game. If they were 0-11, I'd be there. I love Kinnick, and I'm taking my wife to her first game.

This is a nice post. Fans go because a TRUE fan will never abandon ship... We may get ******, boo, and hold our collective noses because the team currently STINKS, but we will NOT give up! And I agree that the boys are NOT giving up, and that says something about what fine young men these guys are...
So DRINK UP!
Schlitz.JPG

Coming from Kansas City for the game. Yes we are terrible but its Kinnick and its Iowa and its college football. Nuff said.

I will go to the game because over the last decade, Iowa Football has given me a lot. Great games, amazing memories, new friends and the annual anticipation of the upcoming fall.

Even though the team is struggling, I will give back to Iowa Football by continuing to support and respect the program, the athletic department, the history and tradition and most importantly the players. The seniors deserve to be acknowledged for their years of hard work. Without them, there is no need for the rest of us.

7 short fall Saturdays is all we get each year. I do my best to never miss one.

I will go to the game because over the last decade, Iowa Football has given me a lot. Great games, amazing memories, new friends and the annual anticipation of the upcoming fall.

Even though the team is struggling, I will give back to Iowa Football by continuing to support and respect the program, the athletic department, the history and tradition and most importantly the players. The seniors deserve to be acknowledged for their years of hard work. Without them, there is no need for the rest of us.

7 short fall Saturdays is all we get each year. I do my best to never miss one.

ezzzzactly!