If you were walking on the beach at a Sandals Resort in Jamaica and you

Thanks for taking clear humor on a board and unnecessarily sharing a family tragedy. I am sure everyone on this board has been touched by cancer. Certainly you have my sympathies, but we come here to have fun.
That was exactly the reaction I was looking for. You apparently can't interpret sarcasm.

A home loss to Indiana would be considered by anyone outside of Iowa's borders -- and me -- as a bigger turd than losing to a Top 10 team on the road, no matter who it is. Not to mention a loss to the Hoosiers makes a West Division title significantly more difficult AND would pretty much piss away the scheduling advantage Iowa has this year by not playing OSU and Michigan. I won't lose any sleep by giving the Clones 1 game every 6-7 years.

That was exactly the reaction I was looking for. You apparently can't interpret sarcasm.
Ok, now I follow. So, pretty funny through that lens. But, you really needed to go over the top.

Something like, "as my grandfather coughed his last breath dying from mesothelioma he softly whispered 'F Ames and the clowns inhabiting it.' He then died. So, I am really torn whether I hate cancer or Iowa State more."

Ok, now I follow. So, pretty funny through that lens. But, you really needed to go over the top.

Something like, "as my grandfather coughed his last breath dying from mesothelioma he softly whispered 'F Ames and the clowns inhabiting it.' He then died. So, I am really torn whether I hate cancer or Iowa State more."

Nicely played.

A conference victory is more important, especially if your goal is to win the B1G West.

Seems to me that the less we care about that Cyclone game, the more it would bother the Cyclone fans that we view it as the 10th most important game on our schedule.

As opposed to their Super Bowl…

No need to be snarky about it! What if you were were a douche-bag and I shoved a carrot up your ass?
Can I somehow triple Like this post. OK4p is a cool dude most of the time but it is good he just got some of his own medicine.

And I am with Ike because all those adds for Sandals vacations and the beaches only get my eyes glued to the hot women and one thing on my mind which again is not football.

I have said many times I would always take a Big Ten win vs a win against the clowns. We might think beating a highly ranked clown team at their place is a bigger ranking plum/feather in the hat but losing to Indiana at home is a ratings black eye because we do not know if this years Indiana is as good as last years. We cant give away Big Ten games for a non con win.

If losses to east division foes did not count towards the West crown I would take the ISU win in a heartbeat as I have never liked them much as a rival and their fans are absolutely stupid when it comes to their/ISU's place in all time and recent/20 year college football history. I was with some of their fans when they beat #3 okie state about 6 years ago and their fans were crowing like it was the best win in college football history. Yikes.

Some of you might be in earnest, but I'm declaring at least some of the "I'd rather lose to ISU answers" are more full of shit than a Dan McCarney press conference.

Who gives a crap 48 hrs later after a loss to IU? But ISU? That's a 364 day long ouchie, my friends.

And, for me, seeing ISU very likely to have fallen ass backwards into the best coach they've ever had and *still* he can't solve Iowa? That's even sweeter. Kind of like a reverse McCarney (whose only accomplishment was his ability to beat Iowa).

As far as "Big Ten championships are all that matters. ISU does not factor into our ability to blah blah blah"...guys, come on, we're not winning a Big Ten championship now that there is a title game. It was a lot of fun walking around back in the day with our noses in the air saying "Big Ten Champions!" but you gotta be realistic - most of the time it was "co-champions" and, even then, it was like "dodged OSU, split with Michigan" type scenarios.

My best case modern era Iowa football outcome is beat Nebraska, beat ISU, finish second in the West and laugh my ass off watching Wisconsin lose to OSU 70-3 in the only-meaningful-if-OSU-loses Big Ten Championship game.

1 pre-season poll I saw had us ranked 2 notches ahead of the Hoosiers, n since we got them at home...

This is no contest. You take the conference win against Indiana. As long as Iowa has a shot at winning the Big Ten West, that is the #1 goal.

Polls are as worthless as hen shit on a pump handle. Especially preseason ones.
Agreed. The "experts" seem to be saying we have a damn good chance to beat Ind, especially since we get them at home. Ranked ahead of them would indicate we are favored over them.

Latest posts