"If you don't laugh, you'll cry." Thread

STILLBUSTER

As we witness another rise and fall by an Iowa team, another, fleeting "almost" moment, I thought it was time for a little "all-in-good-fun" catharsis.

** This is not the place to denigrate players [insert names from general Sioux City area] or for vicious, fly-by rants; you can chime in on one of the dozens of other threads for that (until you get banned).**

I want yer one-liners, slogans, catch phrases, memes, images that express your take on the Hawks and / or being an Iowa fan. A little sarcastic, cynical poking fun is ok; pithy wit are encouraged.

(While I don't want to exclude anyone, Prdatr40 and, possibly, PC and HawkWalker, might have to sit this one out based on faulty premise -- these mid-season championships and free-fall finishes do not occur and are not happening. ;) Still, this is open to all and I'd love to see what they offer up.:D)

I'll start ...

The plight of the common Iowa fan - premature, jacked-up elation.

439241838595933051_1353125222.jpg

(Yea, I copied-n-pasted it from another post but it's all mine and it was brilliant! Definitely worth a repeat):p

Next ...

I'll say something great about the Sioux City area. No I won't, I'll let these people do it:

[video=youtube;Gj7_E5Tpdhs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gj7_E5Tpdhs[/video]

I don't say Iowa teams don't fall apat. I said before this year, a Fran coached iowa team had only fallen apart once. I would like to play along but I don't know how to post pictures. The Internet is hard.

Probably and old children's story, "The Tortoise and the Hare". Iowa basketball is the hare that jumps out to a big lead but then jacks around too much and ends up losing the race.

Latest posts