If you could have any player from the Ferentz era...

Rather amazing how many answers we get, we have been lucky to have some excellent players come through Kinnick. As an entity, the 02 OL was outstanding.

I just think the battle is won in the trenches! Great O-lineman make others jobs so much easier. A less talented back with a hole to run through makes the whole team better. Same goes for D Line.

Last edited:
But there are some other great Hawkeyes that made a difference. Kaeding on special teams? I know not going to make lists, but could one say that his game winning FG in the Alamo Bowl was a turning point for Iowa football?? I wouldl ike to have put Clayborn on that list, but, although I was fairly young I remember Roth being a bigger force. I know Clayborn 1st rounder with better potential, but in college Roth was so disruptive.

While Kaeding was automatic couldnt the same be said about murray? He did win the game against PSU in 08. There are a lot of awesome Hawkeyes to choose from it really all comes down to prefrences. I have always been biased to linebackers because they have a lot more to worry about than D line or secondary and O Line because I played LT in hs. It would be easier to pick a hawkeye team than a single player. And by team I mean each position would be a specific player from any year in the Ferentz era.

Wow, this is tough......guess I would go with Bob Sanders just cause I like to see him jack sucka's up. So many good choices though.

While Kaeding was automatic couldnt the same be said about murray? He did win the game against PSU in 08. There are a lot of awesome Hawkeyes to choose from it really all comes down to prefrences. I have always been biased to linebackers because they have a lot more to worry about than D line or secondary and O Line because I played LT in hs. It would be easier to pick a hawkeye team than a single player. And by team I mean each position would be a specific player from any year in the Ferentz era.

I dont think quite the same thing can be said about Murray as he doesnt hold the Groza trophy, but yes another great moment in history. I just think Kaeding's kick, with Kirk at the reigns, was our turning point in history. Murray moment was up there!

For this team it's easy IMO, Shonn Greene. We need some power at RB, he would really balance out the offense and make it one of the highest powered we have seen. I'll always play the 'what-if' game with his senior year, if he had stayed I think he would have had a shot at the Heisman and the team a shot at the natl champ.

Disregarding team needs, I'd go for a fire cracker like Tim Dwight for offense and Bob Sanders or Matt Roth on defense. Energetic and effective team leaders are such a dynamic addition to a team

All very good choices. Sanders, Greenway, Hodge are no brainers, but i might actually take Jonathan Babineaux

Bob Sanders, I don't care, Bob Sanders. He would make up for a lot of errors in front of him, and if you didn't notice he's Bob Sanders.

Failing that Bob Sanders.

Having brad banks on this team, and running the spread, would probably win him the heisman. he would have way more passing yards and rushing yards. He would be our rushing game. He would be doing what robert griffen 3rd is doing at Baylor, maybe better.
Granted we would still have the D we have now, and would probably give up alot of points, I think our O would score almost 40 a game.

What about Jonathan Babineaux? Him and Daniels would put quite a bit of pressure on the quarterback, forcing them into making mistakes. I have a lot of confidence in our secondary and our linebackers, if we could get more consistent pressure on the quarterback this team would be very dangerous.

Latest posts