If you could have any player from the Ferentz era...

bringing in 09 clayborn on this team would be no different than last season. teams would double him and chip him with a running back.

if you want a defensive lineman, i'd go with a tackle personally.

but i'm still sticking with spievey. prater and him locking down receivers allows the defense to blitz a little more and force pressure on the quarterback

Great point you made - makes me lean towards DT - and think more about Ballard or Babineaux...

All very good choices. Sanders, Greenway, Hodge are no brainers, but i might actually take Jonathan Babineaux

What about Jonathan Babineaux? Him and Daniels would put quite a bit of pressure on the quarterback, forcing them into making mistakes. I have a lot of confidence in our secondary and our linebackers, if we could get more consistent pressure on the quarterback this team would be very dangerous.

I think Roth got the glory, Babineaux was underrated IMO

To put on this years team I'd have to go with a D-lineman. To give us a little fight, a little attitude, I'd probably go with Roid Raging Roth! That guy was so freaky his head had muscles.

For this team it's easy IMO, Shonn Greene. We need some power at RB, he would really balance out the offense and make it one of the highest powered we have seen. I'll always play the 'what-if' game with his senior year, if he had stayed I think he would have had a shot at the Heisman and the team a shot at the natl champ.

Disregarding team needs, I'd go for a fire cracker like Tim Dwight for offense and Bob Sanders or Matt Roth on defense. Energetic and effective team leaders are such a dynamic addition to a team

Need the Greene power. Would open things up nicely.

...to pluck and put on this year's team, who would it be?

* Obviously Dallas Clark would be intriguing (now THAT would be a passing attack).
* Bob Sanders would make almost any team better.
* Shonn Greene would be great as well.

But I think I'd go with the 2009 version of Adrian Clayborn, as he was so dominate and immediately shore up the DL. 2003 Matt Roth wouldn't be a bad choice either.

Thoughts?

Healthy Clayborn or Angerer

Was just thinking. Dougie Fresh. Like "law-abiding" Dougie Fresh. Think 4 WR sets with Vandy in the gun. I know I know, completely infeasible, never happen. I just like to dream. We would have all the skills: Speed, size/matchup nightmares, sure hands, just overall BIG PLAY capability on several levels. DD, MMcN, KM, KMM. :D

Latest posts