if you could get one former Hawk back for one game in Kinnick

In no particular order:
Green
Timmy D
Bobby Sanders
Roth: Heisman pose with the flames... yup
Banks with a hint or Freddy Russel
Just a few faves

go to youtube and look at the many, many timmy d highlights. the dude could change the game in one play on so many levels. check out below, this is just his punt returns.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oldzxi48IAc]YouTube - ‪Tim Dwight Punt Returns‬‏[/ame]

I was around eight when Tim Dwight was making most of those highlights, so this video was really the first time I've ever seen them ... and they were awesome, just awesome. How long has it been since Iowa's had a player that can make Michigan's and Ohio State's defenses look slow?

After watching that vid, I'd have to say Dwight, with Sanders second.

1) A healthy Jamal Lewis Run; (one of the best backs that Iowa has ever had that was never able to live up to his full potential due to injury).
2) Kenny Ploen always found a way to win
3) A tough run by Jerry Reichow from the QB position
4) Calvin Jones "we could not block him" Paul Hornung QB ND
5) Seeing Alex Karras throwing a guy up in the air again.
6) This time a completed pass from Eddie Podolak to Paul Usinowitz (sic) against Ohio St.
7) A sideline Run by QB Wilburn Hollis
8) A nice shoulder tackle by HB Larry Ferguson
9) A draw play run by FB Joe Williams

Last edited by a moderator:
From first hand experience when I was in school, these were my favorites:

1) Ronnie Harmon (Pre-Rose Bowl, of course! :mad:)
2) Reggie Roby - Used to love to watch those boomers.
3) Andre Tippet - Guy was a monster.
4) Chuck Long

Last edited:
35 years of following the Hawks ... TD was the most dynamic. Sanders, Greene, Long, Harmon, Tavian, Tippett and even Roby could change a game.

However, I wish I'd seen Kinnick. I'll give it to Nile, since it's his name on the stadium.

Latest posts