if you could get one former Hawk back for one game in Kinnick

Kyle McCann or Matt Sherman. Absolute ice in their veins with the game on the line.

Nah, probably Dwight or Greene.

Fuldose,

In a tight game, would you take Houghtlin "hands down" over Kaeding? I cannot stand Kaeding (he is my least favorite Iowa player ever based upon his off-field conduct), but would be hard-pressed not to select Kaeding if I needed Iowa to make a FG.

Kaeding didn't start to choke in pressure situations until he reached the NFL.

Either Shonn Greene for Northwestern in '09, or Nate Kaeding for OSU the following week. Leaning towards Kaeding.

who would it be? iahawk72 asked this on twitter, and its a good topic.

I agreed with him...for me it would be Tim Dwight...the moments leading up to a Dwight punt return were unique....the excitement of anticipation was palpable. You never knew if you were going to witness a lifetime memory.

Dwight was truly one of a kind

Good topic. In no order of favorite:

- Larry Station
- Tim Dwight
- Leroy Smith
- Reggie Roby
- Drew Tate

Fuldose,
I cannot stand Kaeding (he is my least favorite Iowa player ever based upon his off-field conduct)

Huh?

I second this. I can understand possibly being a little embarassed as a fan when Kaeding, after making a long field goal, would sprint around like he'd been on a Red Bull IV (although I personally didn't mind it). But, I've never heard of him ever being a poor off-field representative of Iowa or the Chargers.

By the way, I'd take Fred Russell back for a game. He would be a great hypothetical change of pace from Coker.

Fuldose,

In a tight game, would you take Houghtlin "hands down" over Kaeding? I cannot stand Kaeding (he is my least favorite Iowa player ever based upon his off-field conduct), but would be hard-pressed not to select Kaeding if I needed Iowa to make a FG.

Ugh! You are right, I would have to go with Kaeding. Since i kinda blew that choice, can i go with Merton Hanks?:D

Fuldose,

I didn't realize Kaeding had off-field conduct issues????? Never remember him getting into any trouble.

Nile Kinnick.

How anyone could pick someone else, I don't know. What Hawkeye fan wouldn't want to see the immortal Nile Kinnick? Can you imagine watching his Heisman speech on the jumbotron, then have him lead the team out of the tunnel (after a jet flyover, of course)?

It's hands down, Nile Kinnick for me...I've seen Chuck Long and Timmy D...I want to feel what it was like to see Iowa's only Heisman Trophy winner, live and in person.

Nile Kinnick for so many reasons beyond his on the field play. I guess that may not be the point of this but that would be my guy.

I think its wrong that we often turn sports players into heros, but I think Kinnick is certainly one exception ill make.

Latest posts