if you could get one former Hawk back for one game in Kinnick

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
who would it be? iahawk72 asked this on twitter, and its a good topic.

I agreed with him...for me it would be Tim Dwight...the moments leading up to a Dwight punt return were unique....the excitement of anticipation was palpable. You never knew if you were going to witness a lifetime memory.

Dwight was truly one of a kind

Along the same vain I would have loved to see Tavian Banks running behind that '02 line, but that's more than one game.

I might have to go with Tim Dwight returning punts too. He could be a difference maker for that one game though I could put up much an argument that Bob Sanders wouldn't do the same on D.

I shudder to think what would have happened if Dwight and Sanders colided head-on. They probably would have split the atom.

Alex Karras. I would love to see Karras come out and receive the reception that he dserves (and would receive). Hopefully this would put to rest any bad blood between Karras and the university.

Now if you are asking which former Hawk I would choose to come back to Kinnick and actually play for Iowa, my answer would be different.

One? How could anybody name just one. Here is the thing, it would have to be in the era they played, because quite honestly, 1939 Nile Kinnick may not even have a walk on spot for the 2011 squad. So I'd rank them as if I had a time machine & could go back and watch them one more time:

1. Aubrey Divine
2. Nile Kinnick
3. Chuck Long
4. Cal Jones
5. Tim Dwight

If I had to rank them as "take that player and put them back on the field in 2011", It would be:

Offense: Tim Dwight
Defense: Bob Sanders

Latest posts