If you are picking 6 -6 . . .

Kurt has shown by losing to Minny two years in a row that your statement is false.

Every team that Iowa plays this year will be better than both of the Minnesota teams that they lost to.

KIRK has shown by going no worse than 6-6 in any of the past 11 regular seasons that his statement is true and your's is false.

Every team Iowa plays this year will be worse than the Michigan team Iowa beat last year, save for maybe that Michigan team itself.

i dont knwo which games are wins and which are loses, but i am thinking 7-5 make bowl game and get to 8-5.

the fact that we will have offensive wrinkles that people dont know about will allow for a few teams not being prepared.

defensively the aggressiveness change will cause some offenses trouble to adjust.

these two things save a team that is very inexperienced. i expect 9 or 10 wins the following season though.

I'm a fan of the athletes, not necessarily the dogma attached to being a Hawkeye, consequently I'm always optimistic.

13-0, 14-0, 10-3, 9-4.

Always believe, college kids are awfully tough to predict, and count on.

KIRK has shown by going no worse than 6-6 in any of the past 11 regular seasons that his statement is true and your's is false.

Every team Iowa plays this year will be worse than the Michigan team Iowa beat last year, save for maybe that Michigan team itself.

KURT is good at losing to teams he shouldnt. So he could win less than 6 games.....thats football.

I think Iowa could go 7-5 or better, just based on the talent the Hawks do have now. I also think Iowa can beat Penn State at home. With these new Iowa coaches, it triggers a team chemistry that is hungry and positive to show Hawkeye fans it has the desire to win games. The harder the team works, the more victories they earn.

No, I'm not drinking the black & gold kool-aid, college football has crazy outcomes anyway and that only favors the Hawkeyes when they are flying under the radar.

I wish I could actually GIVE a reasonable prognostication. I have NO idea how this team will do. This is the worst "read" I have had on the Hawks since the 1982 season.

Our first 5 games are - NIU, ISU, UNI, Central Michigan and Minnesota. One is at a neutral site in Chicago and the rest are at home. There is no reason, barring injury, that we shouldn't win each of those games. You couldn't ask for a better schedule to start the season with a new coaching staff, a green defensive line and a QB who is bi-polar in home vs road games.

Then we go AT Mich St which will most likely be a loss.

Then HOME vs Penn State which is a toss up.

Then AT NW which is a toss up

Then AT Indiana which should be a win.

Then HOME vs Purdue which is a toss up.

Then AT Mich which is most likely a loss.

Then HOME vs Neb which I think is a toss up (since it's at home).

That's a record of 6-2 with 4 toss-ups. I think we can split the toss ups to go 8-4.

But momentum is a funny thing and if we can get out of the gate at 5-0 against what has to be one of the easiest starting 5 games in the country, then I could see us going to East Lansing and stealing one with a confident group of players....and a group of players coming off a bye week. Then the next 3 games are all winnable with PSU at home and road games against NW and Indiana. At that point, we finish up with 3 tough games, but 2 of them are at home.

I really think that, given our schedule, 8-4 should be the "floor" of what should be expected this season, record-wise.

KURT is good at losing to teams he shouldnt. So he could win less than 6 games.....thats football.

Are you saying we shouldn't lose to ISU, Northwestern, Western Michigan, Indiana, da gophers, by all means explain, we are only little old Iowa, we should be happy if we break even each year.

Our first 5 games are - NIU, ISU, UNI, Central Michigan and Minnesota. One is at a neutral site in Chicago and the rest are at home. There is no reason, barring injury, that we shouldn't win each of those games. You couldn't ask for a better schedule to start the season with a new coaching staff, a green defensive line and a QB who is bi-polar in home vs road games.

Then we go AT Mich St which will most likely be a loss.

Then HOME vs Penn State which is a toss up.

Then AT NW which is a toss up

Then AT Indiana which should be a win.

Then HOME vs Purdue which is a toss up.

Then AT Mich which is most likely a loss.

Then HOME vs Neb which I think is a toss up (since it's at home).

That's a record of 6-2 with 4 toss-ups. I think we can split the toss ups to go 8-4.

But momentum is a funny thing and if we can get out of the gate at 5-0 against what has to be one of the easiest starting 5 games in the country, then I could see us going to East Lansing and stealing one with a confident group of players....and a group of players coming off a bye week. Then the next 3 games are all winnable with PSU at home and road games against NW and Indiana. At that point, we finish up with 3 tough games, but 2 of them are at home.

I really think that, given our schedule, 8-4 should be the "floor" of what should be expected this season, record-wise.

Drink up the Kool-Aid good sir.

I wish I could actually GIVE a reasonable prognostication. I have NO idea how this team will do. This is the worst "read" I have had on the Hawks since the 1982 season.

Agree. If the injury bug hits at either the DL, LB, or RB positions then I expect a 5-6 win season. If they can stay healthy (big if) then 7-8 wins is not out of the question.

Latest posts