if you are a recruit

how appealing is the iowa football program to you at this point... whether you are already a verbal commit or someone that still has to sign and has iowa on your list?

I would think that I verballed to Iowa and I'm going to honor my commitment. One disappointing year wouldn't sway me from the lure of the sustained success this program has had. It's an established program and has been for 30 years. Yes there were a couple of down years, but every program has those from time to time. See Texas this year.

I would hope they remain committed. But i'll tell you this... i'm nervous as hell about losing more commits in addition to Melvin. Ruddock and others leaving scares the **** out of me.

I would hope they remain committed. But i'll tell you this... i'm nervous as hell about losing more commits in addition to Melvin. Ruddock and others leaving scares the **** out of me.

+1 i put money on Ruddock, Hamilton, Walsh all leaving... and the chances of us landing anyone else in the top of our wish list just took a serious hit today..

This season just set us back 10 years. Kirk will muddle through a few more years, decide to retire, we'll get some young guy we can afford. He will suck for three years. We'll hire a Kirk look a-like and have a few lucky seasons. Reward him with a 10 year 100 mil. contract and still not make it to Pasadena. It is now 2011 and we are all in alcohol rehab.

Some folks have to lay off the sauce ...

How many folks anticipate that Florida or Texas will be losing recruits in droves?

I think that many recruits will realize that sometimes a good program can have a bad year. It's not like Iowa just came off a BCS bowl victory or something .... WAIT ....

If I was a recruit I would look at it as an opportunity. There should be plenty of competition going into next year and as a freshman, may get some serious playing time.

Iowa had a rough year but last year won a BCS bowl game. Iowa has had it's share of players drafted and plenty of national exposure these past few years.

Some folks have to lay off the sauce ...

How many folks anticipate that Florida or Texas will be losing recruits in droves?

I think that many recruits will realize that sometimes a good program can have a bad year. It's not like Iowa just came off a BCS bowl victory or something .... WAIT ....

Homer you're forgetting something. Yes we just came from a BCS bowl, but that was the first one we went to in 7 years. This program was "suppose" to be on the rise and what happened? It went back 4 years. A lot of posters want to talk about looking at history what happened with the last 7-5 year we had? The next year we were 6-7 and 6-6 after that. And after what has happened with DJK if i was a playmaker i would be running away from this coaching staff as soon as possible.

If I was a defensive, oline or running back that had dreams of the NFL I would be looking at Iowa still pretty hard. If I was a good QB or WR I may look else where. But having a good WR coach does help that cause.
But I wouldn't want to be a quarterback at Iowa if I thought I could make it to the NFL.

I would expect that most will take Mr. Grant's perspective. I would take the bet from above, I expect most of the recruits to honor their commitments including Mr. Ruddock. He is a pro style qb and we play a pro style offense.

If I was a recruit who read the negative stuff on this board and considered this to be the best Hawkeye fans had to offer in support, I'd run like Hell.

Young Mr. Grant has found a way to move himself up a few notches on my respect scale and he isn't even enrolled yet.

If I was an offensive player, I would look at it that I am going to a team that scored almost 30 points per game with only one healthy, experienced running back.

If I was a defensive player, I would look at it that I am going to a team that always plays top notch defense and only gave up 16 points per game.

I'm going to a top notch football conference that can put me in the NFL, playing for coaches that have been around, will be around, and will run a class program.

I also look at the fact that there are 26 seniors that a)will leave a spot for me to play early, and b) will all graduate in December or May.

Pretty easy choice to honor my commitment if it's me.

Love this other quote from Grant:

"Hawk Fans watsup withall these FAKE HAWKEYES decommitting? They were bandwagon hawks jumpin on when things weregood. Now we know who's real"

Yeah but Marcus Grant is a KOK recruit so he must suck!

Kidding of course. Like to hear talk like that from the a young man

Love this other quote from Grant:

"Hawk Fans watsup withall these FAKE HAWKEYES decommitting? They were bandwagon hawks jumpin on when things weregood. Now we know who's real"

Here is DJK's facebook fan page post regarding this:

Grant,I like your style already but you better change it and get them stellar tweets out of your system now ; ) goodluck!

Latest posts