If you are a Hawkeye Basketball fan, you'll love this

I feel like such and old timer... but there were so many of my memories of Iowa basketball tradition that was not touched in that video. All I have to say is Lute Olson. Fran didn't drop his name, and no footage was there, but I have such memories. Ronnie Lester, Keith Brookings, Kevin Boyle, Steve Waite, Greg Stokes, Michael Payne, Kevin Gamble... I could go on and on. I hope we get back to those times.

Is there any chance someone could list the players in order on this so my brain doesn't explode while I try to dissect it and figure out who all of those guys are? Man, i caught a lot of them, but some went by so fast I just didn't get who they were and I have to say I am not really anxious to go back and do the hard work myself.

Any volunteers:)?

Not original, but man, Thomas had some mad hops. I remember him catching lobs for dunks, but those driving dunks were crazy. Man, I remember wanting to grow that goatee Woolridge sported, but I was like 17. Now I just want hair to grow on my head.

Man, I miss watching Woolridge playing basketball.... thanks for the memories spank, hope i'll get share Carver rocking with my son the way i did with my old man back in the day.

That was awesome. I took it all for granted too. I just thought Iowa hoops would go on and on like that.
Not too many highlights from the Lickliter era.:rolleyes:

Wish my computer could actually stream worth a damn. I can't watch the video. Way too choppy.

I feel like such and old timer... but there were so many of my memories of Iowa basketball tradition that was not touched in that video. All I have to say is Lute Olson. Fran didn't drop his name, and no footage was there, but I have such memories. Ronnie Lester, Keith Brookings, Kevin Boyle, Steve Waite, Greg Stokes, Michael Payne, Kevin Gamble... I could go on and on. I hope we get back to those times.

These were the boys you have mentioned along with Bobby Hansen. I was disappointed to not see him and some of the other guys in the video. Yea its been a few years but this group was tremendous and were relentless. When they would get a lead, it was rare they gave it up and often buried opponents. Thanks for your post.

video needs some KK

but, that probably wouldn't register with today's kid.

I think they did a nice job showing tradition without getting too much "ESPN Classic"-looking footage. Kids can't identify with that. 2001 is "old" for them.

It's not a Kingsbury highlight unless he's hungover and punches someone.

There was footage and Fran did drop his name.

Latest posts