If we finish in BXIV basement, will you panic?

Illinois just played a credible game against Minny, certainly we haven't yet against anyone. I'll take Illinois with the athletes Alex.
Cook to PG?? Moss just needs a cape and funny hat to go with his matador defense. Is the offense a secret no one on the team is allowed to know? Because nobody on the team seems to know it. Not mad anymore at seeing other team's laughing at us, hell if it doesn't bother the players why should it bother me?

What did Uhl do? He started in the past but doesn't even need to suit up anymore. Fran has wrecked him.
2-3 years ago there was expectation he could become an Uthoff-lite and some drooling over a “point forward” possibility (as a temporary game change of pace). I’m remembering that started with Fran but maybe that’s faulty memory. ? But there was talk of it.

Uhl never developed consistency but was decent a good share of the time with some short stretches of good ball.

Maybe Fran did wreck him. I dunno. One of the worst things a coach can do is tell a player we’re going to get you PT for you to do this-and-this and then not deliver a legit chance to do it.

A player loses self-confidence. Trust with the coach is broken. Why should he keep busting his nuts when the coach isn’t going to keep his word. A “Whatever” attitude creeps in the player especially if he competes in practice and does what guys in front of him are doing. Next thing you know he’s sitting on the bench not clapping for his team.

I’ve Seen it happen many times. Don’t know if it happened this time but it sure looks like it.

Yes, Fran has wiffed on numerous point guard recruits, but is his inability to get his team to play any defense that has the hawks destined for the cellar.
Agree tried on getting point guard.Connor being Pg hurt.Funny a baseball situation with Connor comes up.Maybe he plays baseball this year? STILL needs D and Hard toughness that can START no? Like Fran much.

I liked Rob’s article nothin about this team has changed since their losses to SDSU and Louisiana. It’s the same script every game. That’s on Fran. We can all see he doesn’t have the right pieces to try and do what he wants to. They don’t play any D very well and as much as i like Garza he can’t get out to a perimeter 3 and the guards upfront don’t even hustle at the top of the key to close out.

Watch an ASU game and see what guards can do. They were a nothing program and Hurley has turned them into a top 10 team in a short period of time. I don’t see us ever being a tournament team with JBo starting. Time to move on from Fran.

Uhl is not the answer. He was given his shot and showed nothing. He hasn't improved one bit since he stepped on campus. That is not a slam on him. He reached his peak ability early. Good for him cause most players never get there at all. But his best just isn't good enough.

The answer for this team is not on campus currently. This recruiting class set the team back a loooong ways. That's on Fran. Not them.

All you historians and statisticians out there. How many coaches have finished in last place in the BIG in their 8TH YEAR WITH A PROGRAM? Barring something like everyone is injured or got arrested, I'd say it is a pretty hard feat to accomplish when you've had 8 years to build a program and end up dead last.

Uhl is not the answer. He was given his shot and showed nothing. He hasn't improved one bit since he stepped on campus. That is not a slam on him. He reached his peak ability early. Good for him cause most players never get there at all. But his best just isn't good enough.

The answer for this team is not on campus currently. This recruiting class set the team back a loooong ways. That's on Fran. Not them.

If Fran plays Uhl significant minutes down the stretch and the results are the same, he will get fired this season. Uhl is not even something that should be considered an option for experimenting. That is not working on the future. The only thing I can say, and it was pointed out earlier, but when our senior and junior classes were recruited, Iowa had no NCAA tournament appearances since 2006. That's not an excuse, it's just kind of what it is. He got incredibly lucky that his first couple of classes had a lot of gems. Now, I do think the freshman and sophomore classes are night and day better, but it doesn't solve what Iowa is going through right now...and again, that's on Fran.

All you historians and statisticians out there. How many coaches have finished in last place in the BIG in their 8TH YEAR WITH A PROGRAM? Barring something like everyone is injured or got arrested, I'd say it is a pretty hard feat to accomplish when you've had 8 years to build a program and end up dead last.

Matt Painter (Purdue) finished last in 2013-2014 season (5-13 record). That was Painter's 9th season at Purdue.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/coaches/matt-painter-1.html

Matt Painter (Purdue) finished last in 2013-2014 season (5-13 record). That was Painter's 9th season at Purdue.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/coaches/matt-painter-1.html

People think coaching trajectories are a straight line up, or a straight line down. That just isn't the case. It's a roller coaster that goes up and down depending on what players you have. Painter went from terrible to awesome in a couple years. Hopefully Fran can do the same.

Good find thanks. Probably pretty rare I'm guessing? I know things happen and agree with PC that its a roller coaster to a point... but I also think last place out of 12 teams when you've had 8 years to recruit guys is a pretty far drop.

I would imagine this is rare - I just happen to notice this the other day. The question is whether this year is the exception or does it become the rule.

People think coaching trajectories are a straight line up, or a straight line down. That just isn't the case. It's a roller coaster that goes up and down depending on what players you have. Painter went from terrible to awesome in a couple years. Hopefully Fran can do the same.
Rob is like to bet you a coke that we don’t finish with 5 conference wins.

I’ve said all along let’s see what happens next year. He’ll have Juniors and Sophia’s with a ton of experience.

Latest posts