If we beat Wisky and Nebby does that erase the 3 losses?

Why of course all would be fogiven. Finish that strong we might beat Ohio State in the champ game and have a fine bowl. Let's just start by beating Wisky.

no, it only makes it worse ... prepare for ISU like you give a damn, and that's a W ... play just a little defense and remember to run the damn ball, and you beat UMD ... if we go 9-3 and make it to Indy, it only magnifies that we lost to a crappy ISU, and mediocre UMD for very solvable/preventable reasons

No. This program will never be consistent until we have a staff that recruits B1G talent consistently, and then actually puts the most talented players on the field. This is never going to happen until KF and his crew are gone.

Yes. 9-3 was an upside prediction from day 1 for Iowa; the fact that the 3 losses came from some unexpected sources is irrelevant, given the question. Do I think Iowa will be WI and NE? Nope.

Yes. 9-3 was an upside prediction from day 1 for Iowa; the fact that the 3 losses came from some unexpected sources is irrelevant, given the question. Do I think Iowa will be WI and NE? Nope.

why would 9-3 be an upside prediction with this favorable schedule? Tell me the programs on this year's schedule that have more talent than us?

Iowa State, Maryland, Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Nebraska.

I owe you a debt for posting this. Wisconsin and Nebraska likely have more talent. Minny; MD and Iowa State have less talent. But when you don't play that talent, you lose to teams who DO utilize their best players to their advantage. We utilize our talent to our disadvantage. Today was a good example of that. The announcers kept saying, "Why are they running "edge" plays with Weisman?" Why indeed? That's not his forte.

I owe you a debt for posting this. Wisconsin and Nebraska likely have more talent. Minny; MD and Iowa State have less talent. But when you don't play that talent, you lose to teams who DO utilize their best players to their advantage. We utilize our talent to our disadvantage. Today was a good example of that. The announcers kept saying, "Why are they running "edge" plays with Weisman?" Why indeed? That's not his forte.

I thought Maryland and Minny both looked more talented than Iowa this year. Maryland was definitely quicker than us. Minnesota was more developed along both lines and at linebacker.

I thought Maryland and Minny both looked more talented than Iowa this year. Maryland was definitely quicker than us. Minnesota was more developed along both lines and at linebacker.

I agree, out on the field they looked this way. Probably because many of our best players either ride the bench or are utilized incorrectly. Can you imagine being a coach with Willies-Powell-Smith and having the choice of Sokol or CJ? That combo alone is worth 24 points per game over a season. Hell, early in the season BOTH SMITH AND POWELL MADE ESPNs top 10 plays list.

Click on these links, look at the stats and then get a bucket to vomit into.

TEVAUN SMITH

DAMOND POWELL

Please don't be one of those people who reply with "Powell can't block" (as if our other WRs have never missed a block). He's not an offensive lineman, he's supposed to catch balls and run into the end zone for a score. And if used correctly, he would've been one of if not the best in the B1G at doing that. But because we have KF for a HC the UNI Panthers look like they have as much talent as us.

Wow, powell avgd 1.6 catches per game, that is a waste, granted he dropped a few but really he wasnt on the field that much.

Acutally I think Matt Vandeberg is a decent slot type receiver but not a starter.

Wow, powell avgd 1.6 catches per game, that is a waste, granted he dropped a few but really he wasnt on the field that much.

Acutally I think Matt Vandeberg is a decent slot type receiver but not a starter.

Agree we wasted his talents. No WR catches 100% of the balls, especially if his QB is better known for Ducks than Lasers.

Latest posts