If there's one thing about Lickliter I have to complain about it's this...

I have no problem with Lick taking players out of the game if they make mistakes, but I don't want them to sit on the bench long because of it. Bob Knight used to do this all the time. And before you go there, no I am not comparing Lick to Knight, just using him as an example.

As far as playing time, it is clear that how you practice will dictate how much time you play in the game. Lick wants hustle in practice. This was the problem with D. Palmer last year. Yes he had some good games, but word was that he did not like to practice. Therefore, he did not play much down the line.

I think this is where added depth will make this team better next year and beyond. You have to work your butt off in practice to get playing time. I have no problem with that and the team will be better because of it!

A lot of times when players are pulled for a mistake it is so they can come to the bench and the coaches can show them the mistake they made. This is especially true when it comes to defense as they may not realize the exact mistake they made.

Some get pulled for a mistake, others don't. However, part of the equation that's harder to understand is why some players disappear from the rotation for long stretches.