If the result was different, would you like the "system"?

This may be your lamest post ever. You can't just shift reality to help your arguments. No way you can say that because in reality Iowa is at the bottom, not the top. You can't just ignore a problem and wish and hope that it will get better without really addressing any of the things that are causing the problems.

If you actually read the OP, you would see that it was a hypothetical question. I was merely providing a hypotheical response. I am clearly aware of the situation. You and your band of brothers make it painfully obvious!

I agree with a lot of that. Myself , I look at what happens in the last 3-4 minutes of the 1st half and the first 10 of the second half. I know they are 40 minute games, but that middle third or so really seems important and seems to be a good indicator of blow out, close or chance.

Didn't see yesterday's game, so not sure how that played out.

Not true. We have won a lot in football the past two years but people still want O'Keefe out. When the team wins most people won't get so negative about it but they still have that same opinion. (and I for one am not against O'Keefe).

We normally only see: "Fire Ken O'Keefe" after an Iowa loss. It is on a very rare ocassion if at all that we see anything like that when Iowa wins. If Iowa were winning right now and on a clear track for an NCAA bid, we would not hear a peep about Lick's sytem, or his coaching skills, or his decision to play his son, or his staff's recruiting abililties, or his substituting patterns, or the fact we "allegedly" don't have a true pg....etc....etc....etc.....

If you don't like the system, or the product, don't watch. It really is that simple people!

I think you would here people talk about the system being boring and not fun to watch it just wouldn't be in such a negative way.

It people's opinion if they want something to change like the system or a coach, they didn't just form that after one loss but they just voice it after a loss.

And when we were down by 10 or 12 did any of you ever really think that Iowa was going to make a run a catch up? Or did you think as I did, if Iowa makes a run of some kind playing the deliberate offense we play, OSU will make a quick short burst and be back up by 7 or 10 again no problem. We don't fast break or even try...well Payne tried that one time and Gatens did when he was wide open. Other than that Iowa will NOT under any circumstances speed up the game. Teams know that and can play accordingly.

OSU came out and put tremendous pressure on Iowa, went up by 7 to 9 and that is the way the 2nd half remained. Once OSU got up, I never once thought Iowa would or could come back playing the type of ball we play. Not once.

Once OSU was up by 7 to 10 points it was a matter of keeping them at that range and not letting the score get out of hand. That is where Iowa is right now.

Iowa is a one-half team. We are just good enough now to keep the other team from blowing us out by 20 to 25. But once a team has us by 7 to 10 the game is pretty much over although we make the team continue to work. They no longer can put the end of the bench in for 8 minutes.

This is pretty much the way I feel. This team just doesn't seem to have the firepower to erase double-digit defecits, or the ability to put much more than a 4 or 5 point run on you, for the most part. We can hang with teams for a while, but once we are behind by a significant margin, it's nearly impossible for this team to come back. It also makes it difficult for this team to ever build much of a lead.

Of course. I actually don't mind Lick's system. Ferentz doesn't have the flashiest of football teams, but wins transcend a lack of "excitement" for the style of play. Like it or not, this team is getting closer. FWIW.

Maybe UNC should let Roy Wiiliams go, their towards the bottom of the ACC, He has obviosly forgotten how to coach and his system doesn't work anymore.