If Sparty Wins

All coaches work officials. But if he does it that much more than everyone else and his antics actually affect the outcome of games I think there's a far great problem involving the officials then Izzo himself. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but refs have egos to and from what I've seen more often then not if the antics of a coach rub off on an official then it usually comes back to bite the coach more often then not.
B1G officiating has long had a reputation of being awful. John Feinstein has said it, Dick Vitale, Billy Packer. The reputation is out tnere.

B1G officiating has long had a reputation of being awful. John Feinstein has said it, Dick Vitale, Billy Packer. The reputation is out tnere.
There are 2 I really like and I think do a good job. They’re built about the same and one did our game last night. I think the tall bald guy is horrible.

Agreed but then the question is does Izzo get preferential treatment for his constant on court pouting or is just poor officiating? I can definitely agree that the perennial powerhouses get the benefit of the whistle from time to time, but don't buy into the Izzo's temper tantrums alone influence officials. Otherwise we'd of seen it the other night, because they were picking up fouls from the opening whistle to the final horn at a pretty consistent pace and Izzo's antics weren't any different than usual.

Agreed but then the question is does Izzo get preferential treatment for his constant on court pouting or is just poor officiating? I can definitely agree that the perennial powerhouses get the benefit of the whistle from time to time, but don't buy into the Izzo's temper tantrums alone influence officials. Otherwise we'd of seen it the other night, because they were picking up fouls from the opening whistle to the final horn at a pretty consistent pace and Izzo's antics weren't any different than usual.
Until the post game presser. Then he complained about how Iowa always gets into people and no fouls are called, among other things.

Izzo teams usually get whistled for their share of fouls. In the aforementioned 2014 game at Carver several players had four and several more had three. Its just that nobody ever picked up the fifth despite the fact that the level of physicality beverage deceased. I guess Izzo knows how to spread them around.

Its not just Izzo. And its not just basketball. Bill Belichick is a master at having his defensive backs rough up mreceivers until the stripes become immune to throwing the flag. That's how he and Brady stole their first Super Bowl vs the Rams.

Latest posts