If Les Miles gets fired...

Where the flock is Les going to get all that LSU talent? He has trouble winning with 4* & 5* recruits. What is he going to do with 2* & 3* recruits.

I have to get back to film now but from what I hear in my coaching circles, Les to ISU is not anywhere near as far fetched as you may think. I'm not saying their program will end up hiring him, just that it is a possibility.

Good to know you have your delusional fans here as well. 11 weeks into the season with a big fat goose egg in the loss column and there is a thread about replacing Ferentz with the Mad Hatter? ;)

Might as well have fun with it. Given the head coaching vacancies this year, with the likes of USC, Miami, Va Tech, South Carolina, Missouri and Maryland all looking to name a new guy, where would you place the Hawkeyes gig in terms of attraction?

Good to know you have your delusional fans here as well. 11 weeks into the season with a big fat goose egg in the loss column and there is a thread about replacing Ferentz with the Mad Hatter? ;)

Might as well have fun with it. Given the head coaching vacancies this year, with the likes of USC, Miami, Va Tech, South Carolina, Missouri and Maryland all looking to name a new guy, where would you place the Hawkeyes gig in terms of attraction?

Just for fun, Of your list above, the Iowa job would be ahead of all of them except for USC(which is the best job opening of them all by far). Maybe not in recruiting base, but in almost every other aspect.

Just for fun, Of your list above, the Iowa job would be ahead of all of them except for USC(which is the best job opening of them all by far). Maybe not in recruiting base, but in almost every other aspect.

Not agreeing or disagreeing, but this game is still about players and most of those places are either thick with or closely surrounded by talent, which makes it an easier path. Hypothetical scenario. Let's say the guy you think is the best out there (whether available or not so if you think Urban is the guy, let's pretend he is). Given the disadvantages in recruiting, why would he take this job over any of the non-USC ones?

Where the flock is Les going to get all that LSU talent? He has trouble winning with 4* & 5* recruits. What is he going to do with 2* & 3* recruits.
This is just it. The last thing you want is a coach who is used to getting only 4* and 5* kids. I don't care who you are, the thing is you are not going to get a steady stream of them to Iowa.

He's 110-32 at LSU. He's got some horrible clock management skills but I don't know that he has trouble winning.

I like Les miles, but he would fall flat on his face anywhere there wasn't 5 star recruits. He was marginal at Oklahoma state

I like Les miles, but he would fall flat on his face anywhere there wasn't 5 star recruits. He was marginal at Oklahoma state

He was not marginal at Ok St. They were horrible before he got there, one winning season in twelve years, and he turned them around and laid the foundation for where they are today.

I am calling it now. When Iowa beats Nebraska on Friday, Mike Riley will be fired and Les Miles will be the Husker Head Coach.

That might actually happen.

Nebraska would be stupid not to take that deal

Come on Hawks. Help the Huskers get Les by slaughtering them.

By the way, OP, It's "HOX" and his name is "KURT."

gatabrainmorans.jpg

Have to think Greg Davis will be at the top of LSU's list to replace Miles, the guy just wins everywhere he goes. First Vince and Colt, now CJ. Makes a lot of sense for a school that has QB issues.

Latest posts