If Jok, Clemmons and Gesell keep it up, watch out

Yep, and Uthoff of course, not to mention Baer - a key contributor that I certainly did NOT expect this year.

I am at work but DVRed the game. How did Woody do?

Woody was really terrific, especially on defense in the first half. Gosh darn it, he has some dumb fouls....but he was excellent when he was in there. Really, all of the seniors were TERRIFIC in this game and withstood a late MSU run

Woody had 8 pts, 5 rebounds, battle pretty good. He definitely was not a liability. The liability tonight was Utoff with early foul trouble and 8 TO's. That will not happen much. Valentine was out, but Utoff was ineffective and the Hawks still dominated.

Woody was really terrific, especially on defense in the first half. Gosh darn it, he has some dumb fouls....but he was excellent when he was in there. Really, all of the seniors were TERRIFIC in this game and withstood a late MSU run

Thanks for the feed back. I am very happy to hear that about the seniors. Can't wait to get home to watch it.

Woody had 8 pts, 5 rebounds, battle pretty good. He definitely was not a liability. The liability tonight was Utoff with early foul trouble and 8 TO's. That will not happen much. Valentine was out, but Utoff was ineffective and the Hawks still dominated.

Woody (and this team) are most effective when he plays 20-25 min a game.

Gesell was outstanding last night, because he had to be and he knew it. Uthoff was out most the first half, and was simply off in the 2nd half. Gesell knew he had to be aggressive to make up the slack and he was.

Adam was very effective around the basket. No he doesn't often slam it down, but he showed some really nice moves around the basket when he got the ball down low. There were so many great performances in this game that Woody could get overlooked, but I thought he showed a lot of poise and agility.

Without Valentine MSU should not be ranked. He averages 19ppg, 8 boards and 7 dimes..... he IS the team.

Heck, lowly Oakland (built from ISU scrubs) took them to OT... at basically a home game, in Michigan.

Adam was very effective around the basket. No he doesn't often slam it down, but he showed some really nice moves around the basket when he got the ball down low. There were so many great performances in this game that Woody could get overlooked, but I thought he showed a lot of poise and agility.

Agreed. I think most people don't realize how effective he is defensively. When Uhl and Wagner were on Costello, he pretty much scored at will. It got to the point where they had to double every time he touched the ball, which allowed plenty of wide open looks elsewhere. Woody did a great job on him though.

The one thing we have been missing in Fran's tenure is a high level PG to get us to the next level. I love Mike, absolutely wonderful kid but he just hasn't been an All Big Ten type guard. But last night he was! If he plays anywhere near that level the rest of the year, I agree with the original poster that this could be a real exciting team to watch.

I thought Clemmons was a monster. There were a couple of times when the MSU players got the ball where I already started looking up to see if the shot went in, but Clemmons closed the gap so quickly every time. He kept his man in front of him and played possessed defensively.

I thought Clemmons was a monster. There were a couple of times when the MSU players got the ball where I already started looking up to see if the shot went in, but Clemmons closed the gap so quickly every time. He kept his man in front of him and played possessed defensively.

Izzo definitely noticed. I think a lot of the "we got punked" comment was about how Clemmons completely dominated State's guards all night. He bullied them out of even attempting shots.

Latest posts