If Iowa loses what level of meltdown are we looking at on this board?

I remember a time where the boards were completely shut down. It may have been when KF lost to Western Michigan the first time. I think John was the Mod at that time - SuperHawkeye?

I also seem to remember the Alford era having a couple bad days.

This is an exceedingly rare once-in-a-lifetime opportunity type of season.

I'll meltdown big time.

People who have actual melt downs after a football game are idiots IMHO.

I'll be disappointed, but its a non conference game, so we still have a lot to play for.

The only thing it will end is the NC talk, which I think is unrealistic anyway. We're going to lose a game this year folks, our schedule is pretty tough.

These posts are so lame. Are we going to ask this question before every game?

I promise I will only ask this question before games where we are underdogs on the road against a top 25 team and 75% of the posters on the board dont think the game will be close

People who have actual melt downs after a football game are idiots IMHO.

I'll be disappointed, but its a non conference game, so we still have a lot to play for.

The only thing it will end is the NC talk, which I think is unrealistic anyway. We're going to lose a game this year folks, our schedule is pretty tough.

I agree. This is one of the losses I predicted so I wouldn't contribute to a meltdown anyway. Zona is a pretty good team and losing to them shouldn't merit any type of meltdown.

I think there is a difference between predicting a 12-0 record and actually expecting it to happen. Sure, we have the talent and coaching to achieve it. But if not accomplishing it ruins the season for you....well let's just say you have some problems.

The 2002 team is irrelevant to this discussion because the expectations for that team were not like this. We were not ranked for that game, etc etc.

Like I said, I was just wondering. I know the expectations weren't like this, but we did blow a 24-7 halftime lead to ISU, which made it sting even worse.

I'll be disappointed if we lose. Will I "melt down"? No. Will I give up on the Hawks? No. Going undefeated is not easy. I expect us to win, perhaps even comfortably. But Az has a damn good team, and I highly doubt that they are simply going to lay down for us...

Some "Hawk Fans" will come running on here to say they told us so. The board over all will probbaly melt down very much like after the Pitt loss or the UNI near-loss last year...

If Iowa loses, and Nebraska wins,,,,sorry, I just threw up in my mouth a little. I will be forced to kill myself rather than listen to husker fan for a single second.

The level of my disappointment will also depend heavily upon HOW the Hawks play.

Heck, if Iowa wins but in a sloppy manner ... I'd be disappointed.

On the flip side, if the Hawks play with a great attitude and play hard ... then the only way that they lose is if it's an incredibly close game where UA is able to exploit momentum in the game. If they lose in such a game ... I'll be disappointed ... however, I'll be able to move on without any problem.

I was just wondering, given how well the Hawks had played the first two weeks of that season, and how we absolutely beat ourselves in that one.

I figured the boards were just starting to take off at the time. But there wasn't enough of a meltdown that you saw in-person to suggest that it would be pretty epic if the board traffic were as heavy as it is now?

Not bad at all. The fan base was used to Iowa being down at that time. Also, ISU had had our number and they had a legitimate star at QB. Nobody knew what to expect from Banks at that point.

The level of my disappointment will also depend heavily upon HOW the Hawks play.

On the flip side, if the Hawks play with a great attitude and play hard ... then the only way that they lose is if it's an incredibly close game where UA is able to exploit momentum in the game. If they lose in such a game ... I'll be disappointed ... however, I'll be able to move on without any problem.

Yunno, I don't see Zona being able to exploit momentum. That is unless the OC's for Zona take advantage of NP not being there and they make a late adjustment we just cannot answer.

Why do I say this? Because of Iowa's depth on the D-line. In the past, when teams were able to exploit momentum late, it meant Iowa's D-linemen were gassed and getting no pressure. I just don't see that happening this year.

Really?

I could understand if Iowa won and had a bunch of long term injuries. But to be disappointed because Iowa won 'ugly' I don't get. You do realize Iowa plays Ball St. next week?

Yunno, I don't see Zona being able to exploit momentum. That is unless the OC's for Zona take advantage of NP not being there and they make a late adjustment we just cannot answer.

Why do I say this? Because of Iowa's depth on the D-line. In the past, when teams were able to exploit momentum late, it meant Iowa's D-linemen were gassed and getting no pressure. I just don't see that happening this year.

Given our kick and punt coverage ... I could see UA generating some less than desirable (from a Hawk perspective) field position. Thus, I could definitely see UA scoring much more easily on us from a short field (as compared to long field). Similarly, turnovers could give them opportunities to exploit momentum too.

Depends on how the game goes. If it's an ugly win or an ugly loss, I'll be upset because it wouldn't be our best effort. If it's a good win, I'll obviously be ecstatic.

If it's a loss where we simply couldn't matchup with the Wildcats, I'll be disappointed, but still optimistic about perhaps winning the conference.

For me, the teams goal should be to return to and win a BCS game. I'd love to either share or win the Big 10 outright (step II). My final wish is to see the Hawks play for, and win a national title. But I wouldn't be on the verge of suicide if that didn't happen, with a loss tomorrow.

Really?

I could understand if Iowa won and had a bunch of long term injuries. But to be disappointed because Iowa won 'ugly' I don't get. You do realize Iowa plays Ball St. next week?

Yeah, I'd be disappointed. However, what I didn't specify is the degree of disappointment. Obviously, I'd be much more disappointed by loss than a sloppy win.

However, given the need for the squad to press forward and improve every week ... a sloppy win would indicate that the squad probably took a step backwards in an area or two. Furthermore, it would most likely indicate that there was a lapse in focus. In either case, that wouldn't necessarily bode very well for the Hawks.

Depends on how the game goes. If it's an ugly win or an ugly loss, I'll be upset because it wouldn't be our best effort. If it's a good win, I'll obviously be ecstatic.

If it's a loss where we simply couldn't matchup with the Wildcats, I'll be disappointed, but still optimistic about perhaps winning the conference.

For me, the teams goal should be to return to and win a BCS game. I'd love to either share or win the Big 10 outright (step II). My final wish is to see the Hawks play for, and win a national title. But I wouldn't be on the verge of suicide if that didn't happen, with a loss tomorrow.

I don't see how the match-up against UA would be much worse than how Iowa would most likely match up against many of our Big 10 foes. If we can't match up well against UA, then that doesn't necessarily bode well for how we might match up against the likes of Michigan State or Northwestern .... let alone Ohio State.

Latest posts