If Iowa loses what level of meltdown are we looking at on this board?

The first loss of the season is always very hard to swallow. I've always got visions of a National Championship running through my head until it's beaten out of me. If Iowa loses this game I'll actually be very surprised.

Iowa has an experienced team and a great defense. That is usually very helpful on the road. Yes it's a road game out west and the history hasn't been kind to Iowa out there. But none of these current players were even alive as far back as they are saying Iowa has struggled out west. I'd really love if they'd stop talking about how poor Iowa's history is out west. That means absolutely nothing to how this game will play out.

If Iowa loses I'll be upset the rest of Saturday night and probably drink my sadness away. Then I'll stay depressed all the way up until the Bears game starts on Sunday. At that point I'll cool down, realize that Iowa will still be ranked in the top 20, will still have a shot to win the Big Ten, and will have 9 games to go to get right back in the BCS hunt.

I think this is a dangerous game. It worries me quite a bit. I feel good about our team this year and feel that we should win the game, but if we lose, I will be pretty disappointed, albeit not totally shocked. I certainly won't melt down, as in calling for coach's heads, etc.

I didnt take the time to read this whole thread however here's my opinion:
I'm uneasy about this game. Zona is good and it will be a great game. If we lose, i wont have a meltdown because Zona could be a top 15 team at some point in the season.
However there will be those who assume the sky is falling and these are some things i expect to hear should we lose:
Stanzi never improves why didnt we get JV in there?
I knew ARob was a fraud. He couldnt do anything, why isnt he playing safety again?
Where's Brandon Wegher?
Hampton's just not what he used to be, bring on Coker, he can really bring it.
What happened to Daniel Murray? I cant believe Mossbrucker Missed that 49 yarder in to a 25mph cross wind, thats just unbelievable.
O'keefe is just Keefe again, I'm taking his O away, because he doesnt know how to use it.
and my number 1 prediction.
"this game would have been much different if Norm was there. they just seemed a little lost with Norm not there and the time zone change and all, we just came out flat"

If our boys play well and no turnovers, we will win. I think that is a given in most people's minds.

But what if our beloved Hawks don't play well or we have more than one turnover? I think that will be a back breaker and a meltdown ensues. The worse we play, the bigger the meltdown. Turnovers are the worst for me.

For some of us, we could lose this game to AZ or any other team other than AZ and it's a disappointment, but the rest of the year is still ahead of us.

For those of us who live in AZ or have bragging rights for the game, the meltdown will be more intense. The meltdown will be greater to those of us with an emotional tie through family, friends or other bragging rights.

Just think if ISU would have beat us last week. This site would have really melted down.

Latest posts