If Iowa beats Tenn. will it erase the 5 losses?

The mere fact that we are in a coveted January bowl game which happens to be on a business day is enough for me to erase all but the ISU loss. If we win, it will excuse the 4-8 season, last year's bowl debacle and loss to NIU, this year's ISU loss and give Kurt a pass for at least 6 losses next year. This is one of the biggest games for Iowa football in the past decade.

Dis good.

The mere fact that we are in a coveted January bowl game which happens to be on a business day is enough for me to erase all but the ISU loss. If we win, it will excuse the 4-8 season, last year's bowl debacle and loss to NIU, this year's ISU loss and give Kurt a pass for at least 6 losses next year. This is one of the biggest games for Iowa football in the past decade.

And remove the bad taste of 4+ years of no ranking. Will feel minty fresh with a win over the Vols.

It will upgrade our best win of the year from beating a 6-6 Illinois team to beating a 6-6 Tennessee team.

It will upgrade our best win of the year from beating a 6-6 Illinois team to beating a 6-6 Tennessee team.

Ahem, 6 and 7 Tennessee team. I'm pretty sure we crushed Tennessee a few years ago in that game where lightning forced them to delay the game. Man, that was a great game and epic beatdown.

O/U win totals at the beginning of the season was 8.5.
Penn State was also 8.5.

Nothing will erase the 5 losses with this schedule.
At least in 2010, we got a win against #5 MSU and #12 Missouri.
We played 1 ranked team in 2014. One!

Butch Jones quote:
"I really, really respect the job Coach (Ferentz) has done. They are a program we model ourselves after. I have watched them from afar."

It's like Northwestern South.

A win would allow me to excuse it taking a miracle to come back and beat Ball State in the final minutes. Too much of the rest of the season was inexcusable.

Here is your 2014 Tennessee Volunteer team record analysis:
WIN #1 - 9-4 Utah State (lost big to Boise State).
WIN #2 - 7-5 Arkansas State (lost to Appalachian State)
WIN #3 - FCS UT-Chattanooga.
WIN #4 - 6-6 South Carolina.
WIN #5 - 5-7 Kentucky.
WIN #6 - 3-9 Vanderbilt

Neither Iowa nor Tennessee has that signature win in 2014.
I guess the winner of the Taxslayer Bowl will have that game as the signature win.
It's on ESPN, with no other bowl game on TV, Friday afternoon/early evening.

Considering #10 B1G teams made a bowl game, it's better than *not* going.

OSU/Alabama
MSU/Baylor
Wisky/Auburn
Nebby/USC
Minney/Missouri
MD/Stanford
Illinois/Louisiana Tech
PSU/Boston College
Rutgers/North Carolina

Well if we beat Tennessee then they will be 6-7 so again we will not have beaten a team with a winning record.

So NO. Losing to ISU , barely beating Ball St, coughing up the game to a pretty broken down Nebby team were terrible games. Actually the hawks looked great for 28 minutes against Nebby then quit on offense.

Latest posts