If Iowa beats Tenn. will it erase the 5 losses?

Nope, but it is a great chance to put hardware in the trophy case though and we won't have any space issues thats for sure.

A win does absolutely nothing for me in changing my mindset about the direction of the program. Any team can get up for one game ... Sure, it's nice to appear on ESPN ... against a known program ... but I can honestly say this is the LEAST excited I have ever been about Iowa appearing in a bowl game ... Holy cow, has my apathy become that bad!?

Technically, I'm thinking the five losses were in 2014. Jan 2 is a brand, spanking, new hope of 2015.

So there are no losses to erase.

A win does absolutely nothing for me in changing my mindset about the direction of the program. Any team can get up for one game ... Sure, it's nice to appear on ESPN ... against a known program ... but I can honestly say this is the LEAST excited I have ever been about Iowa appearing in a bowl game ... Holy cow, has my apathy become that bad!?

That's where I'm at as well. Beating a 6-6 TN team and earning a bowl "championship" (thanks for introducing that laughable new phrase to us Mr. Barta) changes nothing for me. The fact that it's a "January Bowl Game" means little to me unless it's the Outback, Cap One, or some other BCS type bowl.

I've realized that you don't have to be a great team to get a bowl game anymore, but now it's apparent that you don't have to be a great team to get a JANUARY Bowl anymore.

Bowl games are fun for the fans, especially if you get to play against programs that you don't normally see.. I'll watch on TV because I'm a Hawk fan, but that's about the extent of it for me right now. The outcome of this game, in my mind, is pretty irrelevant.

A win does absolutely nothing for me in changing my mindset about the direction of the program.

100% agree with this statement. It's almost a throw-away bowl game. Almost.

If we win, doesn't band-aid which direction our program has been heading for a deacade. If we win, will have played yet another foe with a sub .500 record. If we win, backs will be slapped and cigars will be smoked for about 24 hours. Then back to reality.

However, a win versus the SEC, no matter how poor the opponent, is always nice. Also, 20 years from now, when time dimnishes the true facts and all we're left with is the won/loss record, 8-5 with a bowl win versus SEC will be rememberd far better than 7-6 and a bowl loss.

Here is your 2014 Tennessee Volunteer team record analysis:WIN #1 - 9-4 Utah State (lost big to Boise State).WIN #2 - 7-5 Arkansas State (lost to Appalachian State)WIN #3 - FCS UT-Chattanooga.WIN #4 - 6-6 South Carolina.WIN #5 - 5-7 Kentucky.WIN #6 - 3-9 VanderbiltNeither Iowa nor Tennessee has that signature win in 2014.I guess the winner of the Taxslayer Bowl will have that game as the signature win.It's on ESPN, with no other bowl game on TV, Friday afternoon/early evening.
We both beat FCS playoff teams. So there's that.

No, a 5 loss season with this schedule is a disappointment......even if we beat another 6 win team in the Bowl game.

Even if it's a repeat of the Freedom Bowl? (true that's a game involving a top 20 team, but can't we just ignore that little difference?)

I had a plan where we beat Tennessee and find "impermissable benefits" or whatever committed by all five schools we lost to then it literally would erase the losses.

Latest posts