If Iowa beats Tenn. will it erase the 5 losses?

Well, at least there'd be one trophy in the case. Do you think they'd send it on a tour around the state, like Minnesota does with Floyd and the Jug?

No, a 5 loss season with this schedule is a disappointment......even if we beat another 6 win team in the Bowl game.

Well....if we win we would have a bowl championship so...........

RIB1-PAR.jpg

trophy.jpg

The mere fact that we are in a coveted January bowl game which happens to be on a business day is enough for me to erase all but the ISU loss. If we win, it will excuse the 4-8 season, last year's bowl debacle and loss to NIU, this year's ISU loss and give Kurt a pass for at least 6 losses next year. This is one of the biggest games for Iowa football in the past decade.

I am re-watching the win over Tennessee, and I am getting pumped! Bowl victories over Tennessee are very exciting! Long to Moritz and Harmon, what good times!

No.

Both teams feature mobile quarterbacks. The Vols’ Joshua Dobbs averaged 4.3 yards per carry on his way to 393 rushing yards and 6 touchdowns. The Hawkeyes’ Jake Rudock averaged 2.4 per carry on his way to 154 yards and 3 TDs. Dobbs completed 61.5 percent of his passes for an average of 215.4 yards per game. Rudock completed 62.6 percent for 218.5 yards per game. Dobbs posted a passer-efficiency rating of 130.0, Rudock 135.2.

Have to laugh at the mobile quarterbacks.

I'd be willing to go as far back as Nile Kinnick beating Notre Dame 7-6. Or possibly even the 1922 Yale game.

I can think of $100,000.00 reasons why kfootball might think it will. It just flipping amazes me that our dumb*ss AD and Pres. are contractually bound to pay kfootball a $100,000.00 bonus for a regular season that ends with 5 losses, simply because we make some stupid *ss bowl game.

What do you think my answer to the question is?

Latest posts