LB Hunter
LB Johnson
LB Neilson

CB Prater
CB Bernstein/Leanord Johnson
S Sash
S Greenwood

Thoughts?

Just one: WTF is the difference between that defense and ours? Last year's ISU defense combining with our defense this year would have been interesting. Put Smith in the middle, could use Sims somewhere in the secondary, as well as Johnson.

Just one: WTF is the difference between that defense and ours? Last year's ISU defense combining with our defense this year would have been interesting. Put Smith in the middle, could use Sims somewhere in the secondary, as well as Johnson.

I think that's the point

That looks like the IA Defense plus a couple of states? You guys are stacked on D should be fun to watch.

Iowa's is good, and ISU's is not, hence Iowa players making up the majority.

Sims needs to be on the list for ISU. Maybe by the end of next year we'll see if AJ Klein or Jake Knott might get close to breaking into the list. Otherwise sadly it's pretty accurate.

Sims and Johnson would absolutely start...and at least one of the two Soph LB's from state (Knott or Klein) would likely break into the starting lineup. The other 7-8 slots would certainly go to Iowa guys. The outlook on offense is far more interesting...and balanced between the two schools.

Sims and Johnson would absolutely start...and at least one of the two Soph LB's from state (Knott or Klein) would likely break into the starting lineup. The other 7-8 slots would certainly go to Iowa guys. The outlook on offense is far more interesting...and balanced between the two schools.

Who have zero experience at this level?

On most Iowa teams, Sims would definitely start. But this Iowa defense has two All-Big Ten caliber safties, and Sash is All-American caliber. There's just no room for Sims at safety. If he could move to cornerback, I'd take him in a heartbeat. The kid's got serious skills.

Sorry, Greenwood is a good player but he's not in Sims class. And that's not a knock on him...Sims is going to play on Sundays. And ISU's young LB's did play...Knott had 23 tackles and Klein had 17.

"Why would the Hawkeyes want to associate so closely with the Cyclowns?"
I am always impressed at how boldly stupidity declares itself. Interestingly, I'd imagine the poster believed this to be humorous. Which further makes my point.

Threads like this remind me of the classic line in Major League, "How gives a sh** it was gone!" Each side could argue for hours on end and bring up great points for both, but in the end it doesn't matter these players will never compete for the same spot.

saw this on cyclonefanatic

DE Clayborn
DT Ballard
DT Klug
DE Binns

LB Hunter
LB Johnson
LB Neilson

CB Prater
CB Bernstein/Leanord Johnson
S Sash
S Greenwood

Thoughts?
I'd probably put ISU's Sims ahead of Greenwood. Also, I'd take Leonard Johnson ahead of Bernstine if for no other reason than he already has 2 years of starts under his belt and has proven to be a pretty dynamic player. However, I anticipate that Bernstine/Hyde could close the gap in a big hurry once they get more starts under their belts.

Latest posts