If Hampton is hurt...what it means

I do not think that if Hampton is hurt it will hurt the hawks that bad. We were shown last night that it really didnt matter who was in the backfield, Arizona was not going to let us run the ball. This will most likely be reminiscent of what Ohio State and Wisconsin will do as well. They are going to make Ricky Stanzi beat them with pressure in his face. Robinson is good enough to propel us in the running game against the other teams such as Indiana and Northwestern and against the better teams Stanzi will have to provide the points needed to win with the run as the second option in those games.

On a side note: Iowa's tight ends need to get more involved especially with the blitzing packages that we are sure to see in the future. You need something to keep the linebackers honest. I do not doubt that Iowa was looking for that but the tight ends need to really seal off the seams and turn the defenders instead of letting them strafe behind them while having the tight ends in front of them.

well if what you say is true, i'd much rather have hampton in the backfield than robinson to pick up those blitzing linebackers. hampton absolutely stoned a lber during the game - i think robinson is weak in the blocking portion of his game. IMO.

Hampton was terrific in the blocking aspect, and he showed a lot more than ARob last night. He was more shifty and broke more tackles. ARob barely got to the LOS on 90% of his carries.

Latest posts