If Cook leaves...

If you watched the ISU game you see he is capable of setting the tone on defense. He just plays with toughness on d that Garza and Cook couldn't match.

His offense can be inconsistent. But as along as he is active on the boards he will see plenty of minutes. Having him and Nunge will make foul trouble less of a concern.

nunge is (reportedly) almost 7'0"/250+. so, he needs to be given every chance to prove himself. he could be a true and legit stretch 4. I really don't think there's much a chance that cook comes back. his reaction after the game sort of tells me he isn't. but we shall see. if cook comes back, fran does have a numbers problem. but i think pemsl would go somewhere else. pemsl is the odd man out no matter how the lineup would shake out. but who knows.

I would love to see a truly talented PG and a true banger for PF. Two things that Fran hasn't gotten here.

Not sure Nunge is going to be physical enough, but we shall see. Obviously not a requirement to play for Fran or in his system.

We have enough scholarships for both Patrick and Joe even if Tyler stays. Which I hope he does, he has improved every year and makes this team better
He has improved every year? Improved at what? Mid range game? Nope free throw shooting? Nope sliding his feet and boxing out? Nope . Ball handing? Nope

I don't think the whiff factor is quite that high....
We need to get to the point where we work harder at recruiting . You can’t worry about hurt feelings over playing time as a coach . With these hockey line substitutes Fran acts like he cares too much instead of just going with hot hands or playing the best players around 40 minutes

We need to get to the point where we work harder at recruiting . You can’t worry about hurt feelings over playing time as a coach . With these hockey line substitutes Fran acts like he cares too much instead of just going with hot hands or playing the best players around 40 minutes

That I do not disagree with. If Moss/Cook stay he is going to have to have some serious conversations with some guys. Maybe Fran can sell it, maybe he can't.

I would love to see a truly talented PG and a true banger for PF. Two things that Fran hasn't gotten here.

well, we have toussaint coming in next sesaon. i admit that i'd love to see cook stay just to watch the lob dunks he'll get from a pg that can penetrate the lane. but, it ain't happening with cook, i don't think.

That I do not disagree with. If Moss/Cook stay he is going to have to have some serious conversations with some guys. Maybe Fran can sell it, maybe he can't.

He did that though this year with Nunge redshirting. Pemsl’s injury also helped trim the rotation down as well.

Next year will be even more interesting to see what he does with his 2 sons. If Joe T can play, does Connor move his focus to his future in future and is he willing to redshirt Patrick or does he try to play him at the 3 backing up Weiskamp since we’ll already have Cook/Nunge/Pemsl at the 4.

He has improved every year? Improved at what? Mid range game? Nope free throw shooting? Nope sliding his feet and boxing out? Nope . Ball handing? Nope
He's just over 2 rebounds a game shy of averaging a double double. I would say that he is doing something right.

Aren't basketball and baseball pretty much full-time activities in big-time collegiate athletics these days? Connor should devote his time to working on his swing imo. Or he spends hours in the gym working on his stroke (which we know he won't) because he isn't quick and that won't change. He really doesn't bring much to the court imo.

Danan Hughes and Bo Porter did it but Connor isn't near the athlete those guys were and they weren't BB players which arguably requires more skill and finesse, i.e. more time spent on perfecting your game, than football does.

I am sure Patrick and Connor want to play together (and they will) but I don't believe this moves Iowa BB forward imo.

Just my 2 cents.

Latest posts