If Bohannon makes 3 three's...

bohannon is always like this however... thats the life of a not very tall 3 pt shooter... its going to be hit or miss...

the other issue is outside of garza no one else shot well from the outside either...

There is a lot of hate that goes on in this forum
Yes, there is and you are the source of a lot of it. Calling people names and dropping f-bombs left and right. When visiting fans of classy programs like Iowa State and Illinois see people like you, it makes them say things like "99% of Iowa fans give the other 1% a bad name." And they're right.

Your a fucking idiot. Thanks for letting us know. You really should get off your high horse. Its a fucking comment and a realistic one.

Did you know if we had could travel at light speed we could leave this galaxy?

Your a fucking dick. Just admit it. Dick.
You must have no idea how big our galaxy is if you think we could leave it traveling at the speed of light.

Who didnt think our outside shooting would struggle? Every game against a fast quick team that uses the GP that can beat Iowa does.

We never adjust to the fact that our shooters can be guarder into bad games. Figure out a way to over come that Fran.
Fran couldn't fight his way out of wet paper bag today.

You must have no idea how big our galaxy is if you think we could leave it traveling at the speed of light.
He didn't say how long it would take. I think it's something like 20,000 light years to the edge, but that is a pretty inexact science. Hell, it might only be 19,580. Point is, it's definitely feasible.

He didn't say how long it would take. I think it's something like 20,000 light years to the edge, but that is a pretty inexact science. Hell, it might only be 19,580. Point is, it's definitely feasible.
I guess if by "we" he means some evolved form of us.

Well look, if you assume a 25 year spread between generations and 20,000 years to reach the edge, it's only like 800 generations. That's nothing!
You gotta figure that the people on the ship would probably live healthier too so perhaps they would live longer to cut it down to 750 generations.

You gotta figure that the people on the ship would probably live healthier too so perhaps they would live longer to cut it down to 750 generations.

That's nothing. We're like 100 generations removed from the New Testament. 7.5x as many generations as that is really just a blip in human history. The really weird thing is that the ship would never be able to communicate with Earth while it is moving. Life on Earth could be wiped out and they would never know until they stopped. If they stopped at the edge of the galaxy, it would then take 20,000 years for the message that they stopped to get back to Earth. Hell, they could just fly the ship back at that point. Think of the welcome home party they would get! "Hey dudes, we've been gone for 40,000 years and just like Iowa basketball, WE R BACK!"

Really? How exactly?
By pointing out that a 6'6" guy with quickness can guard Jordan close enough so that he can't get a shot off? By once again pointing out what has been hashed and rehashed on this board for 5 years?

That's nothing. We're like 100 generations removed from the New Testament. 7.5x as many generations as that is really just a blip in human history. The really weird thing is that the ship would never be able to communicate with Earth while it is moving. Life on Earth could be wiped out and they would never know until they stopped. If they stopped at the edge of the galaxy, it would then take 20,000 years for the message that they stopped to get back to Earth. Hell, they could just fly the ship back at that point. Think of the welcome home party they would get! "Hey dudes, we've been gone for 40,000 years and just like Iowa basketball, WE R BACK!"
That's not even factoring in how much more time would go by on earth compared to the amount of time on the ship. They would get back 40,000 years later, but it might be a million years later on earth.

That's not even factoring in how much more time would go by on earth compared to the amount of time on the ship. They would get back 40,000 years later, but it might be a million years later on earth.

Mind blown. Look, I'm not an astrophysicist or anything, but I've gotta think aiming the message such that it would even find Earth would be quite an endeavor as well. And what if you sent it and Earth was on the other side of the sun when it arrived. Or what if Jupiter was in the way. Good luck getting through that magnetic field. You watch these shows about space probes and such they send within our own solar system and it's like an hours long process just to get info back to Earth and then send a few lines of computer code back to the craft to tell it what to do. People think it's just like the movies where some long haired blond hacks the keyboard a few times and bam, the Voyager just turns on a dime. Nope. Not true.

At the end of the day, I think it's safe to surmise that VTHawk really talked out of his ass about leaving the galaxy if we could just travel at light speed. To me the ability to generate speed is probably the least of our concerns. You know, I once saw a documentary about space where some folks were traveling to a planet called Alderan. Unbeknownst to them, the planet had exploded prior to their arrival. They were in the middle of an asteroid belt. But those folks had maps. Our hypothetical craft wouldn't have that. Good luck dodging asteroids in deep space when you're going the speed of light. Call me a cynic, but I think you might need more computing power than currently exists on Earth just to come up with a collision avoidance system at those speeds. You better have one helluva windshield on a craft like that. Frankly, I don't even know how it could work. You couldn't use a laser or radar because the speed of the craft would be so high that the laser couldn't even outrun the craft. Radar of course would be worthless because you'd be moving so much faster than the waves. VTHawk really needs to sharpen his pencil before coming in here with bullshit.

Mind blown. Look, I'm not an astrophysicist or anything, but I've gotta think aiming the message such that it would even find Earth would be quite an endeavor as well. And what if you sent it and Earth was on the other side of the sun when it arrived. Or what if Jupiter was in the way. Good luck getting through that magnetic field. You watch these shows about space probes and such they send within our own solar system and it's like an hours long process just to get info back to Earth and then send a few lines of computer code back to the craft to tell it what to do. People think it's just like the movies where some long haired blond hacks the keyboard a few times and bam, the Voyager just turns on a dime. Nope. Not true.

At the end of the day, I think it's safe to surmise that VTHawk really talked out of his ass about leaving the galaxy if we could just travel at light speed. To me the ability to generate speed is probably the least of our concerns. You know, I once saw a documentary about space where some folks were traveling to a planet called Alderan. Unbeknownst to them, the planet had exploded prior to their arrival. They were in the middle of an asteroid belt. But those folks had maps. Our hypothetical craft wouldn't have that. Good luck dodging asteroids in deep space when you're going the speed of light. Call me a cynic, but I think you might need more computing power than currently exists on Earth just to come up with a collision avoidance system at those speeds. You better have one helluva windshield on a craft like that. Frankly, I don't even know how it could work. You couldn't use a laser or radar because the speed of the craft would be so high that the laser couldn't even outrun the craft. Radar of course would be worthless because you'd be moving so much faster than the waves. VTHawk really needs to sharpen his pencil before coming in here with bullshit.
Could you imagine how disheartening it would be to send a message back to earth just to have it get 99.999999999999999999% of the way there before crashing into an asteroid by Jupiter? 40,000 years later you aren't getting a response and you have no idea why.