If b Smith is out

BelichickFerentz.jpg

Thank gawd they had sweatshirts on or I wouldn't be able to tell them apart.

The first sentence of your post makes sense because it's happened before.

You post then goes downhill after that. Number one they've already played him and number two Brandon Smith is a better athlete than Martin and he's emerged as our #1 receiver.

If you want to argue that Smith isn't being properly used, especially in the red zone that's a different argument. But your post didn't address that.

There are intelligent rants, and than there are silly rants. There isn't much in the second half of your post that makes sense.

Problem is when you have too many good walk-on stories compared with the number of 4 or 5* recruits. When the good walk-ons or under-the-radar players outnumber the great recruits, ya got issues.

Between - Brandon Smith, ISS, Tracy, Martin - it's too bad that only Brandon Smith is really an X wideout, the other three are Z split receiver types. It would have been nice to have 2 of each. My guess is that the total "combined" depth chart at WR will all simply slide up, rather than thinking we need to specifically sub in another X receiver. So that means a little more Tracy, and hopefully a lot more Oliver Martin.

There’s absolutely nothing good about this injury to B Smith. We desperately need him in our team, his career has been on a huge upward trajectory, and generally speaking, all injuries suck. With that being said, some early rumors sound like it’s a very minor injury and he’ll be back in a few weeks? Curious to hear anyone’s insights on this, but assuming the Iowa staff will play their cards pretty close to the vest. And ideally, this will allow Tracy and Martin a chance to play and compete in the heart of our B1G schedule. Dream scenario – they both kill it and put in a few outstanding performances. A few weeks later, we get a healthy B Smith back… and the offense takes off.

Problem is when you have too many good walk-on stories compared with the number of 4 or 5* recruits. When the good walk-ons or under-the-radar players outnumber the great recruits, ya got issues.

Yes. Recruiting is an imperfect art and some guys peak a little later, so there are guys like Baker Mayfield and Hunter Renfrow who are excellent ball players who choose to walk on at elite programs. But if you are going to rely on being able to sort through the thousands of potential walk ons each year and finding the 5 world beaters, good luck.

Could really care less what you think. Lol. Keep having your walk on wet dreams and pretending this staff is competing. The ones that know better laugh at morons like you
Who's laughing at me, dipstick? Who are the ones who know better?

If you could care less about what I think, don't respond.

If you think that this staff doesn't care about winning, when it is their livelihood, then you're the moron.

If you can explain to me why Alex Erickson from tiny Darlington Wisconsin is gearing up for a second contract in the NFL while Adrian Arrington, the four star who went to receiver U, is now long gone from the NFL, you may understand how coaches like Kirk, and Hayden for that matter, operate.

Getting top talent to come to a small college town in a cold weather city is a challenge. It isn't for everyone. Sometimes you have to supplement with less talented but mentally tougher and stronger willed players. You know, like Chad Greenway, Dallas Clark, Sean Considine (to name three NFL examples) You obviously can't build an entire team with those players but there are occasions where certain players don't have what it takes-other than their star ratings. And football is a cruel game that will eventually weed out the weak and weak minded.

You can just keep coming on here distorting or ignoring facts, changing narratives, movng the goalpost, and carrying on with your general psychobabble. Just keep bringing your best fastball.

The ferentz boys will come up with another good small town midwest walk on at receiver long before they ever play martin. One, he’s too much of an athlete for them and secondly, he showed them up by leaving the state so they’ll never play him until they have no other options. This is how a ferentz thinks
Did you stay up late last night in order to create yet another dumb post?

Depth Chart is out. Smith is not listed so presumably out. Tracy slides up to starter and Calvin Lockett makes an appearance on the 2 line. No Oliver Martin.

I recall a preseason video interview where Martin finally spoke with the media and basically said two things:
1) "No comment" on Michigan and the transfer process
2) That he was learning all WR positions, to do whatever he can to help the team and get ready to contribute

A bit generic. But it stuck with me and made me think we'd see more of him.

Must be injured, right? Otherwise, crazy that he wouldn't slide into the 2 deep.
Iowa always does weird things with the two deep on the depth chart. So it’s possible that Martin still plays a ton. We did hear some good things about Lockett in spring practice and fall camp. He has some potential.

The timing of his injury kinda sucks because it was looking like he and NS were developing a little bit of chemistry.

One man's chemistry is another man's "hey you called me out in a postgame so i'm trying to make you happier by actually throwing to you."

Depth Chart is out. Smith is not listed so presumably out. Tracy slides up to starter and Calvin Lockett makes an appearance on the 2 line. No Oliver Martin.
Did Martin use his redshirt at Michigan?. Thought I read the coaches want to redshirt him

My son read on 247 that KF said B SMith has lower leg bone bruise but not ligaments, tendon, or sprain injuiries.

Latest posts