if AROB is done...

kdhawkeyes123

as some people are saying he is in a boot and on crutches...i know this is premature...but if ARob is done for the season....what was the final status on hampton...would his knee be healed enough to possibly pull his redshirt for the final 5 games...or would it not be worth it?

I dont think this would happen, i just didnt know the final status on hampton

I believe it is way too early to jump to conclusions about arob before they officially announce the injury. I also think the way the Hawks have been finding a way to win this year with their current personel it would be dumb to waste a whole year of eligibilty for hampton on two games.(ohio st and the bowl game should be the only two games remaining this year where the running back, or who is playing it, would play a big role)

I can't imagine that's even a possibility. I thought he had a torn ACL? If that was the case that is definitely an 8-12 month injury. I'm really not positive on what his injury was though.

I believe it is way too early to jump to conclusions about arob before they officially announce the injury. I also think the way the Hawks have been finding a way to win this year with their current personel it would be dumb to waste a whole year of eligibilty for hampton on two games.(ohio st and the bowl game should be the only two games remaining this year where the running back, or who is playing it, would play a big role)
Hopefully Arob is not that hurt. I don't think we want to sleep on Indiana and Northwestern. We have been playing to the level of our opponents all year.

woodyk, i completely agree with you about the way we have been playing to our oppenents ability. the running back for iowa is always a key component but we should be able to beat those teams with wegher getting carries.

woodyk, i completely agree with you about the way we have been playing to our oppenents ability. the running back for iowa is always a key component but we should be able to beat those teams with wegher getting carries.
Agreed, but not sure he could play the whole game on his own. He hasn't done that yet. I think Paki may be getting more work in practice this week. I do think that we have enough to beat NW and IND, but they way we lost players today, our depth will be tested.

I don't think that we can rely on Paki. It is definately to pull redshirts for the last 5 games if it is necessary. We are talking about play for a Rose Bowl or even a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!

Way too early to think about Arob being done for the year. Enjoy the win and let's let the injuries play themselves out

You won't see Hampton, that's for sure. I think we need to hope one of the two freshman can go...if not, we might have to look at hoping Brinson can play or burning Rogers' redshirt. Other than that, it's playing Paki or passing 55 times next week out of the 5 wide set!

he sounded pretty confident in the post game interview...i highly doubt it's anything that will keep him from running all over the buckeyes in a few weeks

Last edited:
Absolutely positively no way Jewel could play this year. First the injured ligament has to heal. Then the muscles in the knee and leg need to be restrengthened. Then he has to get the rest of his body back into game shape. Then he has to regain his confidence in his knee and learn to trust it again and not be tentative on it. Not to mention he hasn't practiced a play since August, so he would be rusty on the playbook. I've heard that an ACL can be up to an 18 month injury, to fully recover back to the same playing level as before the injury. Jewel will not be full speed in Spring Drills and I doubt he will have pads on or take any contact.

If Robinson is out, and that is a big if yet at this point, its "next man in." Wegher and O'Meari, and hopefully Brinson, if he is healthy enough.

Latest posts