IC Police Investingating Lead of Koeppel Video

This is why security camera's in Kinnick is NOT a good thing, and why the ACLU has a problem with it.

What does one have to do with the other?

This is why security camera's in Kinnick is NOT a good thing, and why the ACLU has a problem with it.

This video was originally shot with a police dash cam, which police departments have used to protect citizens AND police officers. Video provides backup for the police when facing charges of excessive force, so that it can be shown what actually happened. It also protects the citizen b/c the police officer knows that he/she is on camera on a traffic stop.

Why shouldn't security/police use video at Kinnick? They can actually determine who is committing offenses. If I'm in public, I'm under the assumption that there's a camera trained on me, or might be.

The issue here is who within the police department shared this. If someone is not fired, I would be surprised. Koeppel would also have possible grounds for a lawsuit against the PD for releasing that video outside of police procedures.

So then you are not against having multiple camera's on every street like they have in London?

The ACLU is a joke. I am all about civil liberties and consider myself a Libertarian but the ACLU is a liberal organization that only goes and fights battles that fit that agenda.

I love all the lawyers in here. I have seen many dash can videos released to the public. Since everyone in this incident was ok, what is the harm in showing this video? Maybe people watching it may decide it is time to wear a helmet. If KGAN has this on their front page obviously it is not a crime.

The ACLU is a joke. I am all about civil liberties and consider myself a Libertarian but the ACLU is a liberal organization that only goes and fights battles that fit that agenda.

This is 100% false, and anyone who thinks this and considers themselves a libertarian is indeed a joke. I can point out several instances where the ACLU stood by conservatives. 1 being the most prominent figure of the party Rush Limbaugh, and the other being one of the most devisive issues in politics today, abortion.

I don't think there is any issue with what people have seen in the video, that's not the point.

The point is that the video was property of the ICPD and someone within that organization leaked it out which is against ICPD policy. That is the question at hand.

I love all the lawyers in here. I have seen many dash can videos released to the public. Since everyone in this incident was ok, what is the harm in showing this video? Maybe people watching it may decide it is time to wear a helmet. If KGAN has this on their front page obviously it is not a crime.

I don't think there is any issue with what people have seen in the video, that's not the point.

The point is that the video was property of the ICPD and someone within that organization leaked it out which is against ICPD policy. That is the question at hand.

I think it's potentially insensitive to Koeppel. I'm not sure he want's all the attention this has brought him. And your right, it was against city policy and should not have been leaked. Someone is in big trouble.

The ACLU is concerned the videos taken at Kinnick can be leaked because they have seen several cases. This video was leaked, see the connection?

Not really. The ACLU, along with PETA, do more to discredit themselves than any outside organization ever could.

Not really what?

I have gone as far as i can regarding ACLU/political talk. That needs to be in the political forum.

Maybe it does, but you're the one who brought up the ACLU in the first place. I doubt any of us here saw that video and thought "damn, the ACLU needs to stick their nose into this."

I was simply pointing out this is what the ACLU was talking about in the article when the Kinnick camera story was released that is all, no more no less.

Latest posts