I was wondering what was next with all this

Hawkfnntn

Hawkeye offensive coordinator Brian Ferentz asks judge to drop claims of racism against him | The Gazette

It'd been awhile since I'd seen anything new on this. Some of the players changing their stories and stumbling all over their accounts really doesn't work in their favor. Wadley is suing for like 20 million for crying out loud. That is just a pie in the sky number that was never going to happen even if he was trustworthy and had it coming. Which in his case I'm pretty doubtful of.

I wonder how soon the judge will decide... Nothing would be better for the Ferentzs and whole staff then if this just got tossed out now. I could see it going either way though if those players have a decent lawyer and a sympathetic judge who knows.

Hawkeye offensive coordinator Brian Ferentz asks judge to drop claims of racism against him | The Gazette

It'd been awhile since I'd seen anything new on this. Some of the players changing their stories and stumbling all over their accounts really doesn't work in their favor. Wadley is suing for like 20 million for crying out loud. That is just a pie in the sky number that was never going to happen even if he was trustworthy and had it coming. Which in his case I'm pretty doubtful of.

I wonder how soon the judge will decide... Nothing would be better for the Ferentzs and whole staff then if this just got tossed out now. I could see it going either way though if those players have a decent lawyer and a sympathetic judge who knows.
This probably will be moved. To open discussion. One of my hat's that I wear is appearing in court as an expert witness. Rarely does the original claim amount get paid, but sometimes is. Think about it though, in an NFL career a 20 ml payout would not be out of the question and could the accusations have impacted his payout in a career? The answer would be yes, possibly if a favorable finding. So, the amount isn't out of the question in the possibilities of which the attorneys get compensation and taxes will be paid.

In Federal Court this isn't likely to get tossed out, at least not all of it.

The case is in federal court which will be a lot more serious in proceedings typically and local politics is less likely to impact it. On that subject, Iowa is blessed to have a non-elected circuit system compared to other states such as Illinois which is one of the reasons State Govt corruption is such an issue there.

As far as social media and media releases go, it really doesn't matter unless egregious. Your own memory changes over time, both in better accuracy and worse accuracy. It's a part of being human. In Fed Court, a sympathetic judge or not sympathetic really isn't going to matter. Even if it did there are appeal processes.

Likely there is never going to be a 100 percent loser and 100 percent winner in this. It will be something in between. I am sure in Federal Court the plaintiffs will have good attorneys. Circuit Court though somewhat deserves the nickname Circus Court.

In the end, likely there are truth elements in this. I think it is prudent to wait this out and see what happens (and not rely on media commentators so I suggest reading transcripts.) The best expectation is that any violations be fixed permanently and actual damages are compensated. Being falsely accused is terrible. Being victim shamed is also terrible.

I had not seen this article. Thank you. Very interesting.

I think the Wadley's are just fishing, especially his mother. I think she thought she had a cash cow with her boy and he'd end up gettng a lofty NFL contract, which never happened. She's prob filled her son up over the years with false expectations, and now they are both butt hurt and fishing for a settlement.

That's what it smells like to me.

I wonder if the upcoming TV contract will change how much Iowa fights it? That would be funny if they did end up fighting it with the 93 mil.

This probably will be moved. To open discussion. One of my hat's that I wear is appearing in court as an expert witness. Rarely does the original claim amount get paid, but sometimes is. Think about it though, in an NFL career a 20 ml payout would not be out of the question and could the accusations have impacted his payout in a career? The answer would be yes, possibly if a favorable finding. So, the amount isn't out of the question in the possibilities of which the attorneys get compensation and taxes will be paid.

In Federal Court this isn't likely to get tossed out, at least not all of it.

The case is in federal court which will be a lot more serious in proceedings typically and local politics is less likely to impact it. On that subject, Iowa is blessed to have a non-elected circuit system compared to other states such as Illinois which is one of the reasons State Govt corruption is such an issue there.

As far as social media and media releases go, it really doesn't matter unless egregious. Your own memory changes over time, both in better accuracy and worse accuracy. It's a part of being human. In Fed Court, a sympathetic judge or not sympathetic really isn't going to matter. Even if it did there are appeal processes.

Likely there is never going to be a 100 percent loser and 100 percent winner in this. It will be something in between. I am sure in Federal Court the plaintiffs will have good attorneys. Circuit Court though somewhat deserves the nickname Circus Court.

In the end, likely there are truth elements in this. I think it is prudent to wait this out and see what happens (and not rely on media commentators so I suggest reading transcripts.) The best expectation is that any violations be fixed permanently and actual damages are compensated. Being falsely accused is terrible. Being victim shamed is also terrible.
The average RB in the NFL plays like 3.5 years. Even a 1st round draft pick this yr would borderline get that kind of money on his first contract which he never was projected to be. Only the top 10 players in this yrs draft got a total compensation package of 20 million or more. Players back in 2013 or whatever sure wouldn't have. That's what they'd have to go by wouldn't it? To assume he'd have made 20 million is a big time stretch and at the time I loved the dude and was hoping he'd have a career.

He had a cup of coffee with the Titans. He had a shot. He just didn't cut the mustard. The NFL is a bottom line business. If he was good enough he'd have had a career. If KF has the power to keep a 1st round talented RB out of the NFL by just telling them to not draft them then boy he's got more power than I thought. Are they going to bring in Belicheck and other coaches to ask them under oath if KF told him to not draft Wadley or those other guys? I doubt it.

Is it a Fed Judge that's deciding on BFs request? If it's up to one judge to decide on throwing it out or not then how they feel is all that matters. Unless the players can try again another way or appeal or whatever legal avenues, they might have to keep it going. It sounds like you know better than I on that.

All I know is Wadley is pretty dishonest and disingenuous. He was throughout this process and since his playing career said and done contradicting things. While he was adding his name to this list he had been trying to get his younger brother to go to Iowa on scholarship. He'd been campaigning for that on twitter. Singing the coaches praises and not having a bad thing to say for years. The guy has no credibility to me.

Moving to OT.

I'm guessing there's going to be a small settlement to get this thing moved on down the road.

I met Wadley's mom at the 2016 spring game and sat by his family. She was nice enough, but you could tell she was all about AW and gave zero shits about the team itself or the scrimmage going on. The only time she and the rest of the family was even watching was when he was in the game. Only time they ever cheered was when he had the ball.

LeShun Daniels busted one around the nd I remember distinctly and they didn't move. What crowd was there went nuts but not them. DK had a pick and nice run back and same thing.

I don't claim to know her, but from what I've read of her statements and on social media, she is very, VERY out for money. She also apparently doesn't understand that it wasn't Iowa's fault he didn't make it in the league. He had as much chance as any free agent ever gets, if not more.

I could see why Brian wants this to go away. One of these years Kirk is going to retire, and if Brian ever wants to named head coach at Iowa, he needs this to go away.

Of course 20 ml is a high amount. The amount asked for is irrelevant except that usually it's not moved upward (Unless your name is Alex Jone). Who knows if there will be punitive damages which are a possiblity given the charges aren't about his losing an NFL career as opposed to emotional harm etc.

If the allegations are true, I'd be pretty pissed if in their shoes. A part of the problem in this is that KF makes dumb decisions that may not be racist, but are just dumb decisions that don't make sense to the average person. Such as not finding a way to use Noah Fant more in some creative way. Not arguing about TJ, but it was just dumb. He also didn't find a way to use Charlie Jones more. Then again I never understood why Fry didn't get the ball in the hands of Banks and Dwight more.

I would be skeptical about anything in the media anymore and on social media.

I think the Wadley's are just fishing, especially his mother. I think she thought she had a cash cow with her boy and he'd end up gettng a lofty NFL contract, which never happened. She's prob filled her son up over the years with false expectations, and now they are both butt hurt and fishing for a settlement.

That's what it smells like to me.

I wonder if the upcoming TV contract will change how much Iowa fights it? That would be funny if they did end up fighting it with the 93 mil.
It's too bad. If they have legit gripes then don't go discrediting yourself to such an extent and keep your stories straight and you'll have a shot.

It's too bad. If they have legit gripes then don't go discrediting yourself to such an extent and keep your stories straight and you'll have a shot.

Yea, if they were legit allegations, I get it, but they seem to have no merit. What is common among all these ex players? None of them are in a NFL camp or on roster. Now players are suing because they didn't have the skills to play Div 1 football. Some unfortunately had injuries but it is what it is. Hell, BF didn't even coach or have contact with a couple of them. A couple of them didn't even make the grades or finish their degrees, some because they thought they'd get to the NFL. What a mess.

Yea, if they were legit allegations, I get it, but they seem to have no merit. What is common among all these ex players? None of them are in a NFL camp or on roster. Now players are suing because they didn't have the skills to play Div 1 football. Some unfortunately had injuries but it is what it is. Hell, BF didn't even coach or have contact with a couple of them. A couple of them didn't even make the grades or finish their degrees, some because they thought they'd get to the NFL. What a mess.
That's a leap. Could be those in the NFL are trying to protect themselves. What a mess...yes.

Couple of articles I missed from not so long ago.

If true on the privacy aspect, this is added.....trouble. (above)

I skimmed the first article (as I'm on one of the ubiquitous zoom meetings), but this idea that a therapist disclosed the contents of a confidential therapy session is a bit worrisome.

If true, that's a bit of a risk for Iowa (especially the therapist, if true).

I skimmed the first article (as I'm on one of the ubiquitous zoom meetings), but this idea that a therapist disclosed the contents of a confidential therapy session is a bit worrisome.

If true, that's a bit of a risk for Iowa (especially the therapist, if true).
The article implies KF has a lot of control and at his stature and support should know better than that.... if true. If true it shows a negative behavior that should worry the program. The days of extreme control have sailed away.

Moving to OT.

I'm guessing there's going to be a small settlement to get this thing moved on down the road.

I met Wadley's mom at the 2016 spring game and sat by his family. She was nice enough, but you could tell she was all about AW and gave zero shits about the team itself or the scrimmage going on. The only time she and the rest of the family was even watching was when he was in the game. Only time they ever cheered was when he had the ball.

LeShun Daniels busted one around the nd I remember distinctly and they didn't move. What crowd was there went nuts but not them. DK had a pick and nice run back and same thing.

I don't claim to know her, but from what I've read of her statements and on social media, she is very, VERY out for money. She also apparently doesn't understand that it wasn't Iowa's fault he didn't make it in the league. He had as much chance as any free agent ever gets, if not more.

Yea, if you are skilled, they are going to find you. They will even look past some personal issues.

Going back to the mom. This just brings back memories and reeks of youth sports of some parents. All about them and nothing about the team. I can still picture many of those "select" parents. Those people are nuts.

That pizzes me off they came to Iowa with no "team" in mind and ONLY a personal agenda. So selfish and that IS NOT what Iowa football is all about. I usually don't wish ill on players or their families, but I hope Iowa doesn't cave to them as they deserve where they are now, especially MOM.

Of course 20 ml is a high amount. The amount asked for is irrelevant except that usually it's not moved upward (Unless your name is Alex Jone). Who knows if there will be punitive damages which are a possiblity given the charges aren't about his losing an NFL career as opposed to emotional harm etc.

If the allegations are true, I'd be pretty pissed if in their shoes. A part of the problem in this is that KF makes dumb decisions that may not be racist, but are just dumb decisions that don't make sense to the average person. Such as not finding a way to use Noah Fant more in some creative way. Not arguing about TJ, but it was just dumb. He also didn't find a way to use Charlie Jones more. Then again I never understood why Fry didn't get the ball in the hands of Banks and Dwight more.

I would be skeptical about anything in the media anymore and on social media.

They aren't. It's all bullshit. Look at all the black athletes he and his staff have helped and get to the NFL all these years. If he was racist, you would see a much more skew in the racial numbers and playing time. As far as Fant, I'm not sure he lived up to his hype or ceiling. He obviously hasn't in the NFL either, Maybe he was overrated. No doubt Ferentz can hold a grudge and will do things such as sit players or limit their reps. He has that right to control the ship. When Fant's brother started spouting off and I assume Fant prob had some things to say in the football facility, they layed the bed and if affected his PT. I think it was a similar situation with DJK. Doesn't mean Ferentz is racist. So, when Ferentz tries to hold players accountable, he's racist. I get it.

I agree, If true that is problematic and not a good look. I can see a player getting bent over that and maybe deserving some kind of settlement. Not sure how much but that might hold water.

They aren't. It's all bullshit. Look at all the black athletes he and his staff have helped and get to the NFL all these years. If he was racist, you would see a much more skew in the racial numbers and playing time. As far as Fant, I'm not sure he lived up to his hype or ceiling. He obviously hasn't in the NFL either, Maybe he was overrated. No doubt Ferentz can hold a grudge and will do things such as sit players or limit their reps. He has that right to control the ship. When Fant's brother started spouting off and I assume Fant prob had some things to say in the football facility, they layed the bed and if affected his PT. I think it was a similar situation with DJK. Doesn't mean Ferentz is racist. So, when Ferentz tries to hold players accountable, he's racist. I get it.
Lawsuits just don't work that way in FED court. Circus Court it happens more. I'm guessing they have something that may or may not be relevant but just not full on bullshit.

About the NFL that's moot. Doesn't prove or disprove anything. Suggest just waiting till this proves out. Don't be like the Bills fans eviscerated the college student that got the punter released. That will play out as well.

Lawsuits just don't work that way in FED court. Circus Court it happens more. I'm guessing they have something that may or may not be relevant but just not full on bullshit.

About the NFL that's moot. Doesn't prove or disprove anything. Suggest just waiting till this proves out. Don't be like the Bills fans eviscerated the college student that got the punter released. That will play out as well.

Fair enough.

Frivolous lawsuits are filed ALL THE TIME! Yea, this will play out. Sometimes I hate this society of thin skinned fragile people who just don't want their feelings hurt or to hear or accept the truth.

Latest posts