I waited till this morning

For someone who loved to dribble.. Marble sure seemed to get stripped hellaz in the lane and especially when it mattered most. Real timely..

My Cyclone Friend was questioning bringing Mike out too. I'm not going to pile on too much, but let it be clear - Fran has yet to show he can coach with the best yet and has been clearly out-coached several games this year. Just a fact, has nothing to do with his passion/recruiting/work ethic etc. Those are all fine, but actual in game coaching is leaving a lot to be desired.

Hes well above average in those but Im afraid he is the opposite when it comes to coaching the actual game.

I used proof instead of prove wrong and I am ashamed.

Outside of that, I'm correct. If you have access to BTN2Go, re-watch Gesell against MSU. He really struggles against physical play, probably because he didn't play a lot of PG in AAU vs. good competition. He hops and moves laterally, and he is awful at feeding the post.

I don't know what you mean with your next bolded point.

Your next point confuses the cause of the collapse. Marble moving to the point didn't cause Iowa to collapse, Mike leading Iowa's collapse cause Fran to play Marble to the point more often.

To your last point, yes, Woodbury is a leader. He communicates on defense, and has fire. Gesell is a nice kid.

I used proof instead of prove wrong and I am ashamed.

Outside of that, I'm correct. If you have access to BTN2Go, re-watch Gesell against MSU. He really struggles against physical play, probably because he didn't play a lot of PG in AAU vs. good competition. He hops and moves laterally, and he is awful at feeding the post.

I don't know what you mean with your next bolded point.

Your next point confuses the cause of the collapse. Marble moving to the point didn't cause Iowa to collapse, Mike leading Iowa's collapse cause Fran to play Marble to the point more often.

To your last point, yes, Woodbury is a leader. He communicates on defense, and has fire. Gesell is a nice kid.

The bold comments IMO shows a clear lack of knowledge for the sport of BB and the role of PG. You also lose all your credibility with me when saying MG isn't the best PG on the team. That is just ridiculous.

I understand that Mike is a hardworking white kid that people really want to like, but he isn't a good PG. He's typically bad on the break (he was good against Tennessee though), he's terrible at the rim. He didn't shoot well this season, but that is forgivable.

Marble is the better PG, and the last two seasons, when it really mattered, Fran turned to him more often than not. I wish he would have kept Marble at the point from the very beginning.

Watch the PG play in the tournament, none are apprehensive like Gesell is. He cannot advance against a good defender, and ends up getting bullied back from the arc.

Totally agree that Gesell should have been in there. I know that he wasn't hitting his shoot again, but neither was Olgelsby.

Jok was hitting his shot and playing better defense then Ogelsby that night, why wasn't he in more often then.

I am completely baffled that MG is out at the end of the game, I can't understand why our starters aren't on the floor to finish the game. The 5 people that start are supposed to be the floor at the end, because they're the best at that position. Unless someone has a hot hand like Jok or Uthoff they should be in. It can't be good for their mental game thinking they're good enough to start but not good enough in crunch time.

I think we will be even better next season as well, Go Hawks.

What a great argument, just throw out an impossible to proof assumption.

Gesell completely craps his pants when an athletic PG goes at him. The offense stalls, and Iowa suffers. Fran desperately wants Gesell to be a PG, but even Fran had to adjust and go with Marble at the point. Fran also grabbed a JUCO point for a reason.

What? Thats not even close to accurate.

Gesell does struggle somtimes, he also does fine against athletic pg allot of thr time.

You dont know what your talking about.

I understand that Mike is a hardworking white kid that people really want to like, but he isn't a good PG. He's typically bad on the break (he was good against Tennessee though), he's terrible at the rim. He didn't shoot well this season, but that is forgivable.

Marble is the better PG, and the last two seasons, when it really mattered, Fran turned to him more often than not. I wish he would have kept Marble at the point from the very beginning.

Watch the PG play in the tournament, none are apprehensive like Gesell is. He cannot advance against a good defender, and ends up getting bullied back from the arc.

MG is a good PG, not a great one. Him being white is quite irrelevant, not really sure why you even noted that.

He's also a soph, and that "hard working" truth you stated might just pay dividends in the next couple years.

He will play a lot of minutes next year, and I think he will do well. If an incoming recruit or transfer is better, that's great, they can start.

The bold comments IMO shows a clear lack of knowledge for the sport of BB and the role of PG. You also lose all your credibility with me when saying MG isn't the best PG on the team. That is just ridiculous.

The same thing can be said about your knowledge of the pg position. It was easy to defend Iowa's half court offense with mg at point. Let's agree that Fran and his staff know more about the pg position than any of us. I am on the side that rdm had to play point, because mg is not good enough in the 1/2 court offense. Fran agrees with me.

Latest posts