I think we all know

This was 12 years ago and this fan base is still talking about it. Since then that same team beat the hawks 30-3 in the same bowl and won multiple national titles. And we call cyclone fans little brother syndrome fan base. It was a meaning less bowl game over a decade ago. Get over it and worry more about a Hawkeye Men’s athletic dept that won ZERO conference titles this last year. To me that’s a heck of a more pressing issue than a meaningless bowl game in which if the hawks do get the onside kick and score that only means the game would be tied.

This thread is about a particular Outback Bowl. If you wanna discuss Gary Barta's failures, start another thread. :confused:

Can someone with a lot of free time find out who the officiating crew consisted of and where they went to college and/or if they are fans of the Gators, please?
Barry Anderson Referee. Rimas Kozica Umpire Rodney Shows Field Judge. Terry William side judge.
This is what I found. Haven't verified. Will try to later if I get time. From an old board post, so idk.

Last edited:
Barry Anderson Referee. Rimas Kozica Umpire Rodney Shows Field Judge. Terry William side judge.
This is what I found. Haven't verified. Will try to later if I get time. From an old board post, so idk.
Thanks!

I know Barry Anderson went to N. Carolina St. and it appears that Kozica went to U of Chicago & Northern Illinois. Having trouble finding info on the others. Is it Terry William or Williams?

Thanks!

I know Barry Anderson went to N. Carolina St. and it appears that Kozica went to U of Chicago & Northern Illinois. Having trouble finding info on the others. Is it Terry William or Williams?
IDK, this is exactly how far I have dug into it thus far.
What was really screwed up is this game was the first that those officials had instant replay available, as their conference hadn't had it yet.
Which makes the calls even worse!!!! If that's possible.

Absolutely the worst officiating I have ever seen. The Hawkeye game at UNI early in Fran's rule was almost as bad.....
Not a bad thing to bring this disgrace back. Gets the fans riled up for the upcoming season. The team should be required to watch this. Get their blood boiling for the upcoming season, especially for the Wisconsin game at Kinnick.....

Last edited:
Absolutely the worst I have ever seen. The Hawkeye game at UNI early in Fran's rule was almost as bad.....
Not a bad thing to bring this disgrace back. Gets the fans riled up for the upcoming season. The team should be required to watch this. Get their blood boiling for the upcoming season, especially for the Wisconsin game at Kinnick.....

Meh. between this and that last Rose bowl, one we were just down right screwed with no lube, the other, we didn't belong on that field. This one you can hold your head up. That Rose bowl was embarrassing.
That's the one I would make them watch.
It brought back memories of before Fry. When we were exuberant to get a first down.
Then again Wisconsin did that to us last year, so...

Meh. between this and that last Rose bowl, one we were just down right screwed with no lube, the other, we didn't belong on that field. This one you can hold your head up. That Rose bowl was embarrassing.
That's the one I would make them watch.
It brought back memories of before Fry. When we were exuberant to get a first down.
Then again Wisconsin did that to us last year, so...

The Rose Bowl was the worst Iowa loss I have ever seen, especially because it was the Rose Bowl. The loss at Arizona State a while ago was almost as bad but wasn't a bowl game.....

That Florida bowl game was the absolute worst officiated game I have ever seen. Had to edit.....

:cool:

The Rose Bowl was the worst Iowa loss I have ever seen, especially because it was the Rose Bowl. The loss at Arizona State a while ago was almost as bad but wasn't a bowl game.....

That Florida bowl game was the absolute worst officiated game I have ever seen. Had to edit.....

Total beat down.
Just brutal. Looked like we were a JV team playing a pro team.
Like I said, only game I have ever walked away from. I couldn't even stand to watch.
Should have just thrown in the towel. Taken a knee every play and saved the embarrassment.
I'm all for fighting until the end, but it was over before the end of the first quarter.
Total domination.
We didn't belong on that field and they proved it.

Total beat down.
Just brutal. Looked like we were a JV team playing a pro team.
Like I said, only game I have ever walked away from. I couldn't even stand to watch.
Should have just thrown in the towel. Taken a knee every play and saved the embarrassment.
I'm all for fighting until the end, but it was over before the end of the first quarter.
Total domination.
We didn't belong on that field and they proved it.

Seeing it live would have been infinitely worse than watching it on TV.....

Watching in at home I knew it was over in the first ten seconds of the game.....

This remains the only football game I've ever seen that I will definitively saw the referees impacted the outcome of a game. As others have said, we've all seen bad calls in various games. I've never seen a game where so many bad calls were made, all against the same team.

Clinton Solomon getting dragged down by his facemask and then getting called for it himself remains the pinnacle of all the bad calls in that game.

If anyone needs a laugh, go to youtube and watch "Real Refs of Genius".

Latest posts