I think Lester presented himself well in first look

Glad to hear both he wants the offense to be aggressive and that he will coach from the booth. I never understood how an OC was able to coach on the sideline.

Trying to remember, was Brian in the box or sideline when they dismantled Ohio St at Kinnick?
Still believe that was KOK's gameplan.

I for one am willing to give Tim Lester a chance. However, it is interesting that a possible OC candidate for Alabama is almost in our back yard.

Kurtiss Riggs
QB/Receiver Coach for Sioux Falls College for 4 years of which they won 3 National Titles
Sioux Falls Storm ( professional indoor ) head coach in which he has won 11 league championships
Career coaching record .800
He was the QB/Receiver coach when DeBoer was there
Take the big step up to a P5 staff. That sounds like a guy that has learned fundamentals of coaching less than top talent. They've got to execute well.

Take the big step up to a P5 staff. That sounds like a guy that has learned fundamentals of coaching less than top talent. They've got to execute well.
Agree. That is why some mid major programs are so good. This is where coaches shine that can instill fundamentals and execution.

The only real question is the staff they can procure at the P5 level and recruiting.

Agree. That is why some mid major programs are so good. This is where coaches shine that can instill fundamentals and execution.

The only real question is the staff they can procure at the P5 level and recruiting.
I think if the WR's show improvement and a couple get their catches up to around 50 we will start to look better to receivers. Especially Kaleb B. That's a high level recruit that transferred here. We also shouldn't forget Iowa has recruited some pretty highly rated HS talent that underperformed, left, or both.

If the offense turns around quickly, and I think it will, we will have a lot more plays for everyone to improve their numbers. The key, of course, is a quick turnaround on offense so that our guys show better numbers and that won't happen if Hill is under center.