I think Lester presented himself well in first look

I too came away very impressed with what I heard. I won't be a complete believer until I see results on the field, but what I heard definitely created some optimism. I liked that he stressed they would adapt the offense on the fly to the strengths of the players. In the past it seemed like we had a "we're doing this no matter what" philosophy regardless of who was playing. I think this will open up doors for recruiting because we aren't looking for certain types of players to fit into our rigid offense.

Glad to hear both he wants the offense to be aggressive and that he will coach from the booth. I never understood how an OC was able to coach on the sideline.

Trying to remember, was Brian in the box or sideline when they dismantled Ohio St at Kinnick?

Glad to hear both he wants the offense to be aggressive and that he will coach from the booth. I never understood how an OC was able to coach on the sideline.

Trying to remember, was Brian in the box or sideline when they dismantled Ohio St at Kinnick?
Press Box….went from a master class coaching job against the conference king….to complete garbage.

He said the right things and in a sensible way. Agree that the press box is the better place for the OC.

It sounds like a new playbook is coming. Spent a year watching NFL offenses attacking an NFL defense, that would provide some insight on how to attack the various defenses more effectively.

Iowa will have weapons. Johnson/Williams are a bully pair. Lachey is a big talent. Kaleb Brown will probably have a much bigger role and probably be much better. Smith still has potential and some of the RS freshmen may as well. Ostrenga has shown he can reliably get open in the 8–15-yard range. A more open and aggressive offense gets everybody more touches, right?​

Last edited:
I am happy about one clear message: Lester confirmed that he would Implement RPO and new pass routes. He sure as hell did not say that without KF’s blessing.

Press Box….went from a master class coaching job against the conference king….to complete garbage.
He didn’t even coach that well. OSU inexplicably didn’t blitz when they knew that we were probably the worst team in the league at picking up said blitzes. Urbs lost that game more than Brian won it.

He didn’t even coach that well. OSU inexplicably didn’t blitz when they knew that we were probably the worst team in the league at picking up said blitzes. Urbs lost that game more than Brian won it.
I can buy that take as well.....Urban did suck pretty bad that game....probably did coke off a stripper the night before.

Exactly!!!!!!! What the hell was Urban doing that game. We looked like crap that year whenever pressure was put on our QB. Yet Urban played right into Brian’s hand when he did it.

Another thing that gives me hope about Lester besides him saying the right things we'd like to hear is just kinda who he is. He's a coach that's climbed the ladder the hard way. Started at like D3 I think. Climbed ladder to Western Michigan where he was an OC called plays for awhile then got to be a HC and got a taste of that. Then got knocked off of that mostly due to a new AD getting hired. So he did the analyst thing and is getting another shot with us.

I don't think he is going into this job to play everything safe and just stay out of the way and let the Defense and special teams do all the heavy lifting. He seems to have high aspirations for himself too and doing well at Iowa would be as good of a stepping stone for him to achieve another HC gig then anything. So this hire lends itself pretty well into the right fit narrative.

I just hope we can have a healthy QB that's capable of executing his O. Be it Cade or Lainez or transfer to be named later. (it can't be Hill). Everything starts and stops with having a good QB that's on same page with OC.

I for one am willing to give Tim Lester a chance. However, it is interesting that a possible OC candidate for Alabama is almost in our back yard.

Kurtiss Riggs
QB/Receiver Coach for Sioux Falls College for 4 years of which they won 3 National Titles
Sioux Falls Storm ( professional indoor ) head coach in which he has won 11 league championships
Career coaching record .800
He was the QB/Receiver coach when DeBoer was there

Latest posts