I think Kirk Wants to hire Tom Moore

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
Don't know if it's going to get done or not, but I am highly confident that Kirk would like to bring Moore in as his OC.

I think Brian Ferentz would learn a great deal from him, as I just feel Ferentz is going to be the OC in a few years (if they can bring in a mentor like Moore). I also know Ferentz is very high on David Raih, former Iowa QB and current GA. I think he is a GA for another year or so, but could learn a great deal under Moore related to QB coaching, etc.

I don't believe Moore is a done deal yet and do not know what obstacles exist, if any.

If he's healthy enough to coach and wants to come, you have to make that hire. His resume is pretty amazing.

This would be an amazing hire! I would like to see him as the OC and his experience would definitely peak the interest of recruits.

Does Soup stay around after this season if he doesn't get the OC job?

I don't see why not. He's only been a rumor because that's the guy currently on the staff that fans want. He's never said anything that hinted at a desire to be the OC.

Don't know if it's going to get done or not, but I am highly confident that Kirk would like to bring Moore in as his OC.

I think Brian Ferentz would learn a great deal from him, as I just feel Ferentz is going to be the OC in a few years (if they can bring in a mentor like Moore). I also know Ferentz is very high on David Raih, former Iowa QB and current GA. I think he is a GA for another year or so, but could learn a great deal under Moore related to QB coaching, etc.

I don't believe Moore is a done deal yet and do not know what obstacles exist, if any.

I believe that KF is more concerned about grooming Brian for a head coaching job than he is about winning games at Iowa. So yes, you might be right.

I believe that KF is more concerned about grooming Brian for a head coaching job than he is about winning games at Iowa. So yes, you might be right.

I think this is fairly ignorant, actually. Kirk Ferentz wants to win football games and compete for titles. Brian Ferentz is highly qualified to be Iowa's OL coach, and the Patriots were considering him for some possible play calling duties before they brought McDaniels back in.

And then people wonder why we get pi$#y about the constant criticism....I only hope and pray that “thisâ€￾ is your outlet for this, because if you are like this in all facets of life, you’d be painstakingly tiresome…..

I don't see why not. He's only been a rumor because that's the guy currently on the staff that fans want. He's never said anything that hinted at a desire to be the OC.

What rumors from what fans have you heard? Isn't pretty much everything on the message boards rumors, speculations or dreams?

As far as any coach commenting on any of their "desires" would you please provide a source.

still waiting....

of course not, because no coaches, especially assistant Iowa coaches, ever comment in public about their "desires".

Right. Because Kirk just hates winning.

stupidity-stupidity-idiot-funny-moron-chair-funny-demotivational-poster-1275538804.jpg

I think this is fairly ignorant, actually. Kirk Ferentz wants to win football games and compete for titles. Brian Ferentz is highly qualified to be Iowa's OL coach, and the Patriots were considering him for some possible play calling duties before they brought McDaniels back in.

plus a couple 3 or 4. If anyone has been through the wars and seen it all in both college and the pros in 10 or so years it's Brian Ferentz. How old was Kirk when he got hired by Hayden Fry?

I think Brian Ferentz would learn a great deal from him, as I just feel Ferentz is going to be the OC in a few years (if they can bring in a mentor like Moore). I

So we can expect L. Woods to be DC in a few years as well?

What rumors from what fans have you heard? Isn't pretty much everything on the message boards rumors, speculations or dreams?

As far as any coach commenting on any of their "desires" would you please provide a source.

still waiting....

of course not, because no coaches, especially assistant Iowa coaches, ever comment in public about their "desires".

I didn't say that nothing is ever a rumor on these boards. But there are rumors backed by "sources" that make it to the media, and then there are rumors/desires started/spread by fans. Soup as OC fall under the latter category. Hence there's no logical reason to believe he'd leave if he wasn't named OC.

Don't know if it's going to get done or not, but I am highly confident that Kirk would like to bring Moore in as his OC.I think Brian Ferentz would learn a great deal from him, as I just feel Ferentz is going to be the OC in a few years (if they can bring in a mentor like Moore). I .
So we can expect L. Woods to be DC in a few years as well?

Yes, because Phil Parker is 73.

Winning and grooming should go hand-in-hand if you look at it in a positive way.

Don't know if it's going to get done or not, but I am highly confident that Kirk would like to bring Moore in as his OC. I think Brian Ferentz would learn a great deal from him, as I just feel Ferentz is going to be the OC in a few years (if they can bring in a mentor like Moore). I also know Ferentz is very high on David Raih, former Iowa QB and current GA. I think he is a GA for another year or so, but could learn a great deal under Moore related to QB coaching, etc. I don't believe Moore is a done deal yet and do not know what obstacles exist, if any.
Shut it.

Latest posts